Fence

• 5 Replies

courgette

Fence
« on: April 16, 2009, 13:49 »
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if you can do what you like to the fence panel that divides your garden but actually belongs to your neighbour. eg, hang hanging baskets to their post put up trellises etc.  :blink:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Fence
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 14:05 »
I think that hanging baskets would be acceptable but would think that you have to ask them if you want to add trellis to the top.
Put posts in your side and put your trellis on that would probably best plan then you can't be blamed for breaking their fence. (I speak from experience with unfriendly, non-gardening neighbours  :mad:)

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 14:08 »
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if you can do what you like to the fence panel that divides your garden but actually belongs to your neighbour. eg, hang hanging baskets to their post put up trellises etc.  :blink:

Mumofstig mentoined unfriendly neighbours :a word of caution here as technically you cannot attach anything to their property without their permission. I'd go and ask them if you are on speaking terms, and if you're not, take Mumofstig's advice re additional posts.
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

courgette

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 14:16 »
I was just asking as our neighbours (quite friendly enough altho dont really know them too well) have done so to our fence. I just thought it would have been nice to have been asked seeing as there are quite a few along the whole length but then didnt know if they actually had to ask. Not to bothered as long as they dont break our fence!  :blush:

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 14:25 »
I'd get to know them if I were you, as good neighbours are definitely worth cultivating and they probably didn't know they had to ask. if the fence is Ok, I'd leave it and maybe invite them round for a cuppa

tam

• Experienced Member
    • The Rabbit House
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 16:48 »
Legally, absolutely nothing if it belongs to your neighbour... no painting it and no attaching things to it. If you ask your neighbour though they might give you permission, otherwise put your own posts in next to them.

Tam

xx
boundry fence

Started by candymancan on General Gardening

7 Replies
Last post June 01, 2013, 00:13
by Trillium
xx
Twig fence

Started by Dotty on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post September 18, 2010, 19:16
by Spana
xx
fence plants

Started by Raven81 on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post August 24, 2011, 19:13
by Raven81
xx
Elder roots under a fence

Started by RichardA on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post March 13, 2008, 15:14
by richyrich7

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 29 queries.