im getting tommorow 10 brown hens 3 silkys 1 old english game and ...

• 27 Replies

alotment shed

hello a freind is selling his hens off hes selling me 3 silkys 1 old english game 1 gold laced polish and 10 brown hens for  30 pound to me .
it seems a bargin to me. so im going for it .  i have plenty of room for them so i have gone for it. i do belive i wil;l have enoth eggs after this delivery to feed my whole street with eggs for life,  is this a good deal tho . i belive its very cheap but  some people may think its not such a good deal . let me know. im excited tho .

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
Depends on a few things, ask yourself

a) do I need them ( not want thats different )
b) why are they selling them, are they a load of old birds that will cost you more in food than they give you in eggs?
c) what will you do with all the eggs
d) can you honestly give them a good standard of living considering how many you have at the minute and how long you have had hens experience etc
e) finally experience tells us that most health problems in a heathy flock come after the introduction of new hens  ;)

hope that helps
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

alotment shed

i know he has top notch  hens they are mite free and the best kept hens you will ever see . he has had a istblished bussiness for many years . and took on from family. i do agree about the amount of eggs . i have just sold most of mine off ,. i have only 7 hens left at the moment so it will only take the amount up to 22 birds in total . i yes i can aford to keep them easyly. and i have buyers for all my eggs allreADY. so thats nor a problem . i dont seem to see any floors. un less they all die from bird flew i dont feel theres a problem ., the only bird i have not had is a game bird the bird is a year o9ld and is only about 6 inches tall. is lovely. i think its a old english game but its tiny real tiny .

Briony

• Experienced Member
Were you not geting rid of your to get an incubator or have I got the wrong person? :unsure:

alotment shed

yeah i was getting rid of a few if i could of swaped for incbater but no respoce :(

too many girls

i thought you had 30 birds? what happened to the other 23?

alotment shed

like i said i have been selling them off. theres lots of alotments come up on are plots as renewal was due . and like allways theres people that drop there allotments and new people take them on. we seem to have had a flood of new younger people come to the allotment. they have allbeen wanting chickens and insteed of me going and getting them for them i just sold them mine. it seem to make more sence then i can change my hens around and i know there still close to we to keep a eye on  ha ha. yeah i only have 7 left now . WELL 8 but thats a tiny little brown bantem . and shes just so broody its daft . the rest of them have gone off egges they where all prety broody . but only the bantem has stuck it out fo the time. shes going for gold i think .

Rubellite

I don't think you have a healthy attitude to keeping poultry. :(

Sorry if I am not being pc!! >:(

peapod

• Pea Goddess
I don't think you have a healthy attitude to keeping poultry. :(

Sorry if I am not being pc!! >:(

Not PC but sometimes we shouldnt be, so well said
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

alotment shed

what do you mean ? im lost. i care for my birds just as much as any of you guys . i dont see you sitting there moaning at other poulty sellers on here . so why me >???????????/

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Perhaps its because you arent consistent Alotment Shed?
For example...one minute you love your girlies, next minute you are selling them to the numerous new (strangers)  allotment holders (who ALL want chickens? And in this day and age of struggling to get a lotty in the first place how many have actually managed tp get a new lotty on your site?? It seems a lot to me, and Im lotty secretary on a huge site)
You also have brushed over the fact that a dog apparently attacked your chook yet was fine 3 days later?
If you want advice and help then be upfront and honest about everything

Dymoduds

Now an advert for swaps??

Briony

• Experienced Member
Yep, I think a bit of a dreamer or attention seeker - sorry- I always call a spade a spade thats me, but I am sick of reading "1st swap for incubaotr" then getting rid, then getting more hens" I for one am lost in this little saga and I am sure other people are bored of reading this also. :mad:

Ice

• muck spreader
None of this makes sense.  I wonder what your aims are re chicken keeping. 

I think from what I have been reading you need to work out EXACTLY what you are doing and work out a business plan.
Cheese makes everything better.

matilda duck

Lets not forget the aylesbury ducks in the equasion????? :ohmy: :ohmy:

xx
Old English Game

Started by bedifferent on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post April 04, 2008, 20:08
by Foxy
xx
FTGH - old english game

Started by MontyTom on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 28, 2007, 23:22
by Bodger
xx
Polish and Miniature Old English Game

Started by Frizzle on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post March 20, 2011, 12:27
by bantam novice
xx
Recommended Bantam Breeds, Old English Game?

Started by basildog on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 23, 2011, 07:30
by basildog

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 36 queries.