My New Plot

• 5 Replies

mifty12

My New Plot
« on: April 05, 2009, 18:27 »
Hi Guys

Just thought i'd post a couple of pics of our first proper day on our allotment-

Before

After

As you can see it has been 'cleared' by the council, although what with i'm not entirely sure as it looks as tho most of the grass that was there still is, anyway mustn't complain as i know a lot of members have a much harder time of it when they get theirs. The wildlife here is well established as whilst fiddling around trying to clear what turned out to be a large mound of flints under all the grass and soil we came across several slow worms and newts, which is nice to see. As usual if any one has comments they are welcome.

Justin.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 18:29 by mifty12 »

Elcie

Re: My New Plot
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 19:10 »
Looks like a good sized plot.  where does your start/end?  What are your plans now?

paintedlady

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 14:20 »
Looks a nice plot - just one tiny concern with the "before" and "after" piccies .... you seem to have half the plot covered in shade  :ohmy:  Hope it isn't going to be a problem?
Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success.
Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.

mifty12

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 19:04 »
I Hope it won't be a problem cos i took the pics when we were down there late in the afternoon between 3 and six. As its only the beginning of april I though that it will get the sun most of the day and in the summer when the sun is at its highest we should be getting it all day.

woodburner

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 19:09 »
Looks a nice plot - just one tiny concern with the "before" and "after" piccies .... you seem to have half the plot covered in shade  :ohmy:  Hope it isn't going to be a problem?
It's not as bad as mine ;) It could be very dry by the hedge but I don't think the shade will be too much of a problem, it's no higher than most sheds. Could be a good spot for the shed, don't put your compost bins there though, or you will be feeding the hedge! Most plants that like shade also like damp, most herbs like it dry though, and I don't think the amount of shade is going to be too much of a problem, unless it's due north, and possibly not even then. :)
I demand the right to buy seed of varieties that are not "distinct, uniform and stable".

mifty12

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 05:56 »
The hedge line is pretty much due west so its quite late in the afternoon that the shedow starts to drop over, we are planning to put the shed there as you see we have laid a base for one to go in at the weekend, also the compost bins are going to go further down the hedge line, pretty much at the border of our neighbours allotment where the hedge turns into a wall.

xx
my plot - new growers plot thanks to advice from you all

Started by pookey on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2007, 19:23
by brucesgirl
xx
My First Plot - Plot 21 is confirmed

Started by SCassin on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post September 12, 2013, 15:04
by Yorkie
xx
My Plot So far.

Started by GaryH on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post June 29, 2008, 18:20
by allotmentvegigirl
xx
Got my Plot

Started by TPKIRK on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post June 10, 2013, 09:44
by J_B

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 28 queries.