Bringing them altogether at long last.

• 1 Replies

HENrietta

• Experienced Member
Bringing them altogether at long last.
« on: April 03, 2009, 21:15 »
Hi all, have put all my hens together this evening, having been segretted for the last 7 weeks. They have been able to see each other but not touch and they have not slept together, tonight is the first night of them being altogether.
It seems okish the youngest hen (martha) is getting the worst of it by the two orginal girls  :( and flora who is alittle older than martha gets a little peck but nothing as bad. There has been no blood drawn yet! We have given them lots to do, like tree trunks an old metal bin and a chair for them to jump/fly on. Martha seems to want to stay high for safety, and when she thinks it is all clear will jump down for food. Bless her as soon as she does the two oldies (gloria and gladis) peck her straight away.
Will things calm down? Can anyone advise me how long they will give her a hard time for?  :(
I am really hoping to be the proud owner of a happy flock, who will all become friends. :)

Thankyou HENrietta  ;)
Live, Love and Laugh!

nicchick

• Experienced Member
Re: Bringing them altogether at long last.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 22:01 »
Hi, I took our Berlin wall down on Monday and although there is still some pecking there is no all in fighting. Distraction is the key, dig a few holes if you can. When you hang greens make sure you have lots of little bunches so they all get a go.
It's no bad thing really as you can really tame hens, my two bottom girls already know that when there are treats that we have to meet at the back of the henhouse and they get private rations. Who says they are stupid? Hope your integration is going well, Nic.

xx
hens just have stopped laying altogether?

Started by Robin Redbreast on The Hen House

27 Replies
Last post October 17, 2008, 23:52
by poultrygeist
xx
Bringing hens into lay

Started by Planner on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post February 19, 2012, 16:35
by joyfull
xx
Bringing babies home

Started by Rozlynmac on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post June 12, 2009, 20:09
by joyfull
xx
On bringing new chickens to your flock.

Started by Bodger on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post October 30, 2008, 10:05
by babe

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 30 queries.