I'm after a greenhouse/shed combination

• 4 Replies

JulesJ

• Experienced Member
I'm after a greenhouse/shed combination
« on: March 29, 2009, 09:11 »
Planning ahead to next year; we're clearing the end section of the garden which will have a patch about 16ft wide by 12ft deep. I was thinking of a combo structure; do they exist? Anyone know general prices? Would it be cheaper/better to buy two separate things?

Gwiz

Re: I'm after a greenhouse/shed combination
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 09:50 »
I have seen some quite nice wooden sheds, that have a "greenhouse" side to them ( large sloping windows) advertised as a combination of both.
I expect they work quite well, but all the ones I've seen have been rather expensive.
Bearing in mind that whatever size of greenhouse you get, it'll be far too small in a couple of years, I think I'd go for the "buying two seperate items" approach. ;)

JulesJ

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 10:00 »
Cheers - we won't be able to go any bigger down the end of the garden, so I'll look for a larger greenhouse :) I could probably fit something like a 10' X 8' greenhouse down there. It'll never be big enough, of course, but it'll do as we'll have a smaller heated greenhouse (probably 6' X 4' like our current plastic effort) on the patio as well. We have a shed down at the bottom at the moment, but it's storage only - don't use it for as a place for sowing. It's a north-facing garden so I was hoping to catch the winter sunlight down there (before the hideous sycamores next door but one put out their leaves). Now if I can get rid of the coalbunker down the side return, I can stick something to store tools and pots there instead.

Kentish Karl

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 13:58 »
I have seen some quite nice wooden sheds, that have a "greenhouse" side to them ( large sloping windows) advertised as a combination of both.

I think you'll find they are known as potting sheds. For best results you will need a fair sized one and additionally you'd want the window facing south.

philskin

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 16:18 »
When i was in my last house i had one in the garden with a corrugated perspex roof and sloped front it was good for growing ,but the problem is that people can see whats in your shed and every thing cooks in there
If the early bird gets the worm how come the 2nd mouse to the trap gets the cheese ??

xx
Greenhouse/Polytunnel/Shed. I just can't decide, please help

Started by Shallot on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post January 18, 2014, 18:19
by barley
xx
palram store and grow greenhouse/shed combined

Started by fourcats on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post October 23, 2013, 09:54
by fourcats
xx
Shed

Started by stompy on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post June 16, 2006, 23:48
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Just what this shed needs ...

Started by Aunt Sally on Equipment Shed

2233 Replies
Last post February 05, 2024, 19:36
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 28 queries.