I AM IN A DESPIRATE SEARCH FOR DOVE COTE PLANS FOR MY SON TO DO FOR HIS GCSE

• 10 Replies
pLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ??? MY SON WISHES TO MAKE A DOVE COTE FOR HIS gcse dESIGN TECNOLOGY EXAM.

HE IS VERY PRACTICAL BUT I AM FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO FIND WORKING PLANS.I HAVE SEEN A FEW THREADS ON THIS FORUM WHERE PEOPLE HAVE MANAGED TO GET HOLD OF WORKABLE PLANS PLEASE I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFULL IF ANYONE COULD HELP  :)

poultrygeist

Hi RDM  :)

Could you turn your caps lock off please ?
On a forum, Capital letters are used for shouting and it can put people off (unless you want to shout at someone!). Thanks  :)

I hope you get hold of some plans.

Rob 8)

Snap Dragon

• I want chickens... and ducks!
    • http://thedragonsden1.blogspot.com/
Snappy 

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter.

Gwiz

Hobbies do two plans for dovecots, one is for a dolls house, but the other is full size.

http://www.alwayshobbies.com/

type in dovecot
and see if it fits the bill.... ;)

I've just found this one http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/store/index.php
cheaper, but sent by elastictrickery (pdf)
I've never used them, but it seems ok......
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 06:31 by Gwiz »

ihusker

I have a couple of cds of plans which I got from ebay. One is called Ultimate Woodworking Plans and the other is Searcave Shed Plans. They both contain literally 1000s of plans including dovecotes. They cost about £3.00 each and have plans for everything you could imagine.

Hi  Ihusker is the Cd still on ebay?

Stripey_cat

Personally, I'd encourage your son to do some research into patterns himself (or at least watch over your shoulder) - that way he can discuss the pros and cons of design features in his write-up, which should be good for a few extra marks on the planning section.

Paul Plots

Personally, I'd encourage your son to do some research into patterns himself (or at least watch over your shoulder) - that way he can discuss the pros and cons of design features in his write-up, which should be good for a few extra marks on the planning section.

That sounds a very good idea...  ;)

Using someone else's plan as a guide and starting point might also be helpful....he could then adapt the ideas, change dimension and add his own design to make the project both interesting and his own.

Ask at local library for advice and they should be able to direct you to more than one source of information - there's no reason why this shouldn't include sample plans. Books might need to be ordered from a larger library but this can also be arranged. Photocopies are quite cheap so he could keep a working research portfolio (folder with ideas in).

I'd also suggest you advise your son to go to the Technical Drawing / Design Staff at his school / college. They are there to help him and, although they would not be expected to provide materials for him, they should be able to point him in the right direction and monitor his success.

The project sounds a good one!
Help him but don't let him let you do it for him  :blink:
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

DownTheLane

Hi This topic always shows up on Google when looking to Dovecote Plans. I have used these

http://www.figurefast.co.uk/information-products/self-sufficiency-products/dovecote-plans

They where cheap £3.25 (I think) and on instant download or on CD. They where very good. I hope this helps someone as I looked for weeks for some decent plans!

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary

madcat

hey - DownTheLane ....

You aren't The Down The Lane website owner, blogger and mad cyclist, are you? 

If you are - I'm a fan.  ::)  If you aren't, you should visit your namesake!   :D
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

xx
Plans for......

Started by FatGaz on Design and Construction

7 Replies
Last post October 06, 2007, 23:00
by FatGaz
xx
plans for a henhouse pls

Started by poppie on Design and Construction

1 Replies
Last post June 15, 2009, 17:26
by Vember
xx
Greenhouse plans

Started by The Red Baron on Design and Construction

4 Replies
Last post May 11, 2013, 20:47
by The Red Baron
xx
Hen House Plans

Started by Zak the Rabbit on Design and Construction

6 Replies
Last post March 05, 2007, 15:48
by richyrich7

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 29 queries.