A very tiny egg

• 4 Replies

Oliveview

A very tiny egg
« on: January 21, 2009, 20:13 »
Today in the nesting box was a normal sized egg and a very small egg, it would have fitted into a teaspoon.  I cracked it open and there was a tiny yellow spot and all the rest was ´white´.  My neighbour said it could be the very last egg of one of my older hens.  Shame I have no clue as to which hen laid it.  
Pamela

karlooben

A very tiny egg
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 20:24 »
hiya i dont know if your rite or i am  :lol:  but i was told by a farmer the tiny eggs are from birds that have laid for the first time and the egg  get bigger as they lay more as i had a really tiny one an it was so cute but my mum went an cooked it , hope someone comes along an tells us whats what as i would love to really know .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
A very tiny egg
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 20:31 »
yes, I think Karlooben is on the right lines;  when my LS started laying their eggies were tiny and very light in colour but now are the size of a medium grade egg and brown.

sometimes they can produce a wind egg where the egg is teeny and there's no yolk.  I feel rather  :pukel: about these though.  Occasionally I crack a small egg the yolk hasn't formed properly and is all runny inside the white :puker:

karlooben

A very tiny egg
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 20:35 »
i did crack open a  egg that had a weaker shell the other day an omgggggg i almost  :pukel:  :pukel: as it wasnt quite rite .

blulagoo

• Experienced Member
A very tiny egg
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 21:35 »
I think Auntie has a comment about this somewhere - I believe they are called 'wind eggs' 'cos they don't have a yolk.

As an aside one of mine laid small spherical eggs at the start - 2 or 3 and then went into 'normal' oval shaped eggs of the 'right' size.

xx
Tiny egg!

Started by viks chicks on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 26, 2008, 22:50
by NormandyMary
xx
Tiny egg?

Started by pink-chicken on The Hen House

24 Replies
Last post November 12, 2009, 20:17
by karlooben
xx
Tiny Egg

Started by Emsdad on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 30, 2008, 13:10
by viks chicks
xx
Tiny egg

Started by VeggieVirgin on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 06, 2011, 01:05
by hillfooter

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 36 queries.