Growing by Lunar Planting

• 120 Replies

beansticks

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2008, 18:48 »
Wow,i dont know whether to contribute on the subject!however i will raise my head above the parapet and say,I have just received my copy of the 2009 lunar planting calendar and will give it a try,I am always interested in trying new things.I have never tried it before,but will stick to it rigidly and see what happens. :wink:

compostqueen

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2008, 19:42 »
good for you Beansticks.  Stick your head above the parapet by all means, I'll join you  :D

happy chick

• Experienced Member
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2008, 19:44 »
As someone else said Beansticks, it's something for nothing and you got nothing to lose by having a go  :wink: .  

The subject kinda reminds me of astrology; some think it's all twaddle and yet others swear by it.  Come to that I suppose it's like ghosts and the paranormal; some like to believe, others don't.  Fun little diversions......
Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny
                                         - Tyron Edwards

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 19:54 »
Just to repeat what Rich says !!!!

Play nice or Aunty will delete the topic  :!:

Coz I'm mean like that  :wink:

Ruby Red

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2008, 20:09 »
I have a 2008 copy of Gardening and Planting by the moon, I know its no use now but if anyone wants it to read up on what it all means I will send it to you. I used it last year for some things. Incidently there was  a programme on channel 4 about a bloke growing wine in Italy by this method and the locals used to come and look and shake their heads but when it was finished and bottled (it was ready for picking before anyone elses) it was some of the nicest wine they had tasted, Including the experts. Just pm me with your address.  :D
Oh for those halcyon days of England long ago

Nogger

• Experienced Member
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2008, 20:27 »
Sounds like one or two are getting hot under the collar,over something and nothing  :oops:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2008, 20:28 »
If I remember rightly one of the welsh allotmenteers on 'the big dig'?  planted one lot of veg(spuds I think) by moon tables and one lot ordinarily, and the lunar lot did better.

At the time i thought i'd look into it but as usual forgot all about it :oops:

Anyone got better memory than me? (Well thats probably everyone  :) )

waddecar

• Experienced Member
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2008, 21:51 »
Not tried it myself but heard the guy on the radio who runs the following website moon gardening

Potiron

• Experienced Member
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2008, 06:31 »
:lol:  Just wanted to say thanks for the response to my plee for information.  Have decided to give it a go and the Biodynamic Sowing and Growing calender is on order.
 I came across a little gem of info. a few days ago, by all accounts, the most auspicious time to plant Garlic is on the last Full Moon of the year, which this year, falls on Friday 12 December.
 Anyone fancy having a go and compairing notes later? :wink:
Ears and Eyes open, Gob shut.

JulesJ

• Experienced Member
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2008, 06:54 »
It's not something I'll do personally (too many memories of my Wiccan training and studying), but I'll certainly be interested in hearing how anyone gets on who tries it.

Kagganz

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2008, 08:22 »
Quote from: "Potiron"
:lol:  Just wanted to say thanks for the response to my plee for information.  Have decided to give it a go and the Biodynamic Sowing and Growing calender is on order.
 I came across a little gem of info. a few days ago, by all accounts, the most auspicious time to plant Garlic is on the last Full Moon of the year, which this year, falls on Friday 12 December.
 Anyone fancy having a go and compairing notes later? :wink:

I'm up for that definately!  I'm a game bird................or is it Big Bird?  :?

I'll mark it on the calender so I dont forget  :D  My garlic will be 'solent wight', I got some yesterday (I forgot I had already got 'Marco!')  hence I have a bulb up on swap/recycle forum  :lol:

xx

compostqueen

« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2008, 13:38 »
Well now, there's a thing. I ordered some garlic Solent Wight t'other  day from the Garlic Farm so it'll be delivered soon I expect. So count me in  :D

Remind me though  :D

mooky

Growing by moonlight.
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2008, 15:40 »
I have been lunar planting for several years very succesfully. I reccommend a book/diary called
Gardening and planting by the moon. Nick Kollerstrom  ISBN 978-0-572-034459-7   2009 edition is out now.

I have used this useful book for four years now. It contains a good explanation of lunar planting.Also a diary of when to plant, and what.

It just  makes sense to me. Call it lunar planting though, not planting by moonlight;
Good luck

Knoblauch

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2008, 17:26 »
... lunatic gardening ...
 :D

"Nine changes of the watery star hath been the shepherd's note since we left our home without a burden."  I should think the full moon is a good time to do gardening though.  As the fairer sex are supposed to be attuned to the cycles of the moon (see the Shakespeare quote above and many others) it logically follows that when the full moon is up every idiot with a car and enough money to put petrol in it will be blasting round the streets trying to attract and impress the fairer sex who are perceived to be "receptive" to this sort of thing.  Best stay indoors or in your garden.

Swing Swang

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2008, 08:59 »
I garden by the moon - usually in my pyjamas!
Comes from having a full time job and a short memory!

xx
lunar planting

Started by sarajane on Grow Your Own

26 Replies
Last post March 02, 2011, 22:41
by sarajane
xx
Lunar planting

Started by Elmarto on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 30, 2014, 11:23
by mumofstig
xx
lunar planting

Started by CHRIS THE VEG on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post April 23, 2007, 12:55
by ytyynycefn
xx
Lunar Planting anyone?

Started by john9159 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post November 30, 2008, 18:43
by DD.

Page created in 0.807 seconds with 30 queries.