Jemmia is very sad and lonely

• 6 Replies

matilda duck

« on: November 03, 2008, 22:19 »
Since saturday jemmima has stood in virtually the same spot quacking..  Now I know she knows the others were there when she last saw them but they are not there now!!!!!  She quacks from the time I let her out until the time she goes to bed.. She isn't taking to the chickens as there her only company...I know the solution is probably get some more ducks  but they cost...and then what sort????  They were supposed to be cambells and became rouens and very big ones at that.. They were not the easiest, Very flighty and we couldn't get near them so not much of a pet!!!!  Having said that we are missing them terribly :cry:  :cry: Any recomendations :?: 

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 22:26 »
Oh how sad Matilda  :cry:

As far as I can see you have two choices.

Get some more ducks to keep her compay.

Rehome her with someone who has some ducks.

:cry:

Vember

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 22:28 »
Hi MD

Poor Jemmima  :cry:

If it were me I'd get more ducks asap but I suppose your other option is to try and rehome her :?
Think I'd go with the getting more ducks :D

As for breed :? I think most ducks are more flighty than chickens.
Muscovies are nice they're quite chumky too, but they will need a wing clipping :)
Pekins are another heavy breed & pretty to look at :D

Sarah :)

Foxy

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 22:31 »
oh thats so sad. I would happily take her on -or I have a nice black Indian Runner boy she could have! (free obviously!)

matilda duck

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 22:35 »
Oh thats a great idea :D Can you pop him in the post for me  :lol:  :lol: No joking aside I could do with getting replacements It just what sort I suppose???

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 00:00 »
I would also go with getting more ducks but if you really needed to rehome her I would be happy to give her a home.

I have a lovely Silver Appleyard that is a very pretty and quite large breed. I got her POL so I don't think she will ever be really tame she is loads better than the Campbells that are very flighty. Would definately get more Appleyards in the future which I would't say about the Campbells.

Then of course there are Cayugas like Patrick which are big ducks and he has a lovely temperment.
Not having ducklings till the spring and you would be welcome to some then, but that doesn't answer the question of what to do now. Jemimma could always winter with me and come back with ducklings in the spring :wink:
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

matilda duck

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 10:11 »
You are all so kind!!!   :D Originally we thought of re-homing jemmima due to the trauma. But she is only 6months old and i'm sure if she had company of her own kind she would soon forget about what happened..I also have to think about the children I don't think they could cope with another loss but a new duck well that's a different matter :D   Thankyou all again x

xx
Lonely Hen

Started by yorkylover on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post May 03, 2013, 08:24
by joyfull
xx
Lonely Hen

Started by nerdle on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post November 27, 2011, 13:54
by nerdle
sad
lonely hen

Started by snowy on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 05, 2009, 16:42
by andreadon
xx
Lonely or poorly?

Started by Angela B on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 24, 2012, 08:20
by Sassy

Page created in 0.276 seconds with 30 queries.