damb council

• 34 Replies

bridgeford

• http://www.tnr.co.uk
damb council
« on: February 13, 2007, 17:50 »
this is what were all up against i bet.
i took over an overgrown plot back in august had first met the " vice" chairman of the allotment site who took me round to see the "chairman" who is as well a local councillor. i sat there and filled in my application form all signed and handed it to the chairman and said do i pay you now, who in turn said he would put my application form in on monday and i would not receive my bill until february. now february is here still no bill!! today i contacted the council who put me through to the allotment department who said they had never heard of me or my application form and that my plot had been rented out to someone who has already paid who wants to keep bees. now ive put some back breakin god damb hard work into that plot so if you see the news of the world this sunday about murder over spuds its me sorry folks but i could k¬!l my councillor at the min.
please let me have the good life
cant cope with this one

WG.

damb council
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 18:00 »
Bad luck mate.  If they are like that with the allotment leases, it doesn't exactly fill you with confidence that they can organise Depts like Social Work / Education / Roads, does it?

Salkeela

• Experienced Member
damb council
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 18:00 »
Feeling for you!

I think a letter of complaint is required.  Try to keep it factual rather than emotive.  Outline when you thought the deal had been done giving as much detail in terms of dates and names as possible.  There were 2 people there involved afterall one should surely remember you. (Will either back you up?  Do either recall the agreement?)

Also mention the dates you have been down and working on the plot.  Again with details of any individuals who saw you working there.  Presumably no-one complained that you were working a plot that wasn't yours?

It's a pity you didn't get something in writing... but hey I'm a trusting individual like you and would not expect something to rebound like this.

GOOD LUCK.
Sally (N.Ireland) Organic as far as I know!

Plant plenty.  Celebrate success.  (Let selective memory deal with the rest.)

WG.

damb council
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 18:03 »
Quote from: "Salkeela"
I think a letter of complaint is required
Nawww, I think killing him is a far better idea.  Muntjac will know how to do it!   :o  :o

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
damb council
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 18:08 »
Hi bridgeford

How did you get access to work the plot.  Did they give you a key to the gate  :?:

If so you've got em  :!:

bridgeford

damb council
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 18:13 »
forgot about that aunt sally i paid £5 for the gate key. having spoken to the council office on the fone i mentioned the fact that i had made 14 sort of raised beds out of wood costing around £100 a greenhouse is there now a shed and if they dont let me stay im going to buy a caravan and squat their  :twisted:

mercury

damb council
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 18:23 »
Bridgeford, did they actualy tell you the plot was yours, and to move on to it, theres a difference between filling an application form, and actualy renting the plot, hope you sort it out mate :)  :wink:

bridgeford

damb council
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 18:28 »
yeah i said "qoute" when stood in his front room can i start working on it now, which he said yes, thing was i didnt actually get to grips with it until end of november but did get a gate key from him so its mine now all mine or im gonna jet wash his glasses when he comes to see me on the plot  :twisted:

beansticks

damb council
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2007, 18:42 »
Absolutley scandalous,bunch of incompetent gits,take it all the way,but as previously advised try to keep calm and factual,we are all with you bridgeford.

bridgeford

damb council
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2007, 19:22 »
cheers beansticks. will let you know tommorow on how i get on

yummy

damb council
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 19:30 »
Good Luck! (rotten sods  :x  )

fluffypebble

damb council
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2007, 19:39 »
I would try the ' I have access and I have done work on the plot so tenancy has been implied route', if that fails then squatting and murder seem fine.  

You could try the local paper, picture of a sad you etc, local councillor, bad press.  Like someone has already said if they cock this up how can they run the district.
http://10.UploadMirror.com/uploaded/1/646/glitter_maker_03_04_2007_03_32_52_22128.gif[/img]

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
A weekend wasted is not a wasted weekend.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
damb council
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 20:00 »
God Bridgeford how awful, surely they can't get away with that !
How disgusting especially as you have been working on it and erected a greenhouse and shed, plus your beds, can't see they can touch them as they are your property.
Get the papers on it, local MP etc

Is there a solicitor on the board who might be able to help ? :?:
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

frazzy

damb council
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 20:09 »
:( yep get anybody and every body involved. :x  That gets my back up and its not mine aw  i feel so upset for you .Hope you can resolve it soon
Nature teaches more than she preaches. There are no sermons in stones. It is easier to get a spark out of a stone than a moral.  byJohn Burroughs:

muntjac

damb council
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 20:11 »
dont take no * ,,, stand your ground they made the cock up get a letter from  your solictor claiming tenancy ,then tell them you wil be taking this matter to court and claiming damages for stress etc all that stuff lay it on thick n if that dont work the papers then ,and go to law , if that dont get em off thier arses ,

tell em u got a phycho coming to tromp thier asses
 in the nicest possible way of course  :lol: meaning my boots wil be clean  :wink:
still alive /............

xx
damb council

Started by bridgeford on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post February 14, 2007, 23:38
by bridgeford
xx
What our they up too ? (council)

Started by Beetroot queen on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post January 03, 2010, 10:54
by Yorkie
xx
Bexley Council !

Started by Thamesmeadhammer on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 16, 2009, 15:12
by Thamesmeadhammer
xx
council run sites

Started by neil the allotment kid on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post August 13, 2007, 16:56
by flowergirl

Page created in 3.138 seconds with 31 queries.