Sussex Reverse-what does it look like?

• 5 Replies

Chookaholic

• Experienced Member
« on: August 26, 2008, 22:18 »
Hi,
I read someone talking about a sussex reverse on a thread somewhere.Can anyone tell/show me what they look like?I have what I think is some sort of a sussex hybrid,& wondered if it was a sussex reverse.It's got lots of white/black sussex type pattrns on it's chest & neck area,which starts on it's head,travelling down to it's back which is then reversed to more black/white patterns down to it's tail which is plain slate grey/black :?:  :?:
Queenie - Bella - Mabel - Clara

Foxy

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 11:30 »
A reverse of light sussex colours typically black hackle markings on white -is whats known as a "silver sussex" which is white or silver markings on black base. If you mate a light sussex with a  pure black cock of any description you will also get a silver sussex colouring it is very pretty! :D

Chookaholic

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 23:49 »
Hi Foxy!I have a piccie of my chook under the thread 'got my chooks-took some photo's for you all' on chicken chat.What do you think she is? (sorry,not sure how to put piccies up-hubby normally does it,must learn!)

Foxy

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 13:12 »
Is it the one called a "speckled star?" I think that is a Marans crossed with Plymouth Rock, are they laying yet? If she lays a brown egg will probably be right. Very similar to a Silver sussex though although a sussex hen would look more fluffy and chunkier. Bodger would probably know for sure though. :D

tiptopchickendon

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 14:05 »
It is this

I have one and its a hybird of Rhode Island Red and Sussex

Nice Chook, but runs like a T-rex fron Jurassic Park... :lol:

Daisybelle at Cotswold

edited as link did not work..doh

Chookaholic

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 22:26 »
Foxy,yes the one called a speckled star.I wondered if she was a speckled star or not cos I think she looks alot like a sussex.She doesn't look speckled to me.
She is bigger than my other chooks,she's 20 wks today.1 of my 4 layed their 1st eggy 2day :D  but I don't think it was her.But I think she is getting close now cos she crouches & spreads her wings a bit when i stroke her,& her wattle & comb is redder too.This is happening with one of my others too.All of a sudden they look big & fat & rounded! :lol:
Tiptopchickendon,yep,sounds about right,she doesn't half get going when she runs!It's soo funny!

xx
Red Sussex???

Started by Nails on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post June 02, 2010, 14:21
by Nails
xx
White Sussex???

Started by kizza on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post July 01, 2007, 23:41
by MontyTom
xx
light sussex

Started by goshawk7 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post October 09, 2013, 12:57
by ANHBUC
xx
Sussex hen coop

Started by hedgewych on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post February 29, 2012, 22:30
by hedgewych

Page created in 0.522 seconds with 36 queries.