Bokashi Layers Mash

• 3 Replies

Fifitrix

• Experienced Member
Bokashi Layers Mash
« on: July 03, 2008, 10:49 »
Hi

After your recommendations, I got me some of this.  Lovely stuff. the chooks love it.  I was just wondering though, its very powdery, am I supposed to be mixing it with water to make a 'mash' up?

Piglit's Pullets

• www.pamperedchef.com
Bokashi Layers Mash
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 11:49 »
Hi Fifitrix,

saw this thread and you got me so interested that I have been surfing for ages about Bokashi and EM powder.  Everyone has their own brews for food it seems... someones chicks like a porridge of mash, corn, Bokashi, grit, shredded greens, grapes and raisins... which is interchanged with poultry spice and garlic powder :D .  seems like the powder goes in drinking water and the bran gets mixed with feed and no one seems to think that wetting it is a bad idea, though with it being 'alive' too hot water would probably kill off the critters that you are paying for.  Looks like you can use it straight on the floor bedding too.... wonder if they will make a human form as my husband would love that sprinkled on the sofa, then he would never have to leave it and would be surrounded by snacks  :lol:  :lol:  

www.emsustains.co.uk and www.wigglywigglers.co.uk  ( where the premix food comes from) are interesting sites

Let us know how you get on cause I wanna get me some Bokashi too, when my ladies have recovered from Gaping... poor things   :(
" Staying In is the new going out " You are only steps away from hosting your very own Pampered Chef party with moi... go on, see what all the buzz is about!

Fifitrix

• Experienced Member
Bokashi Layers Mash
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 14:26 »
Hi PP

Thanks for the reply.  The chickens love it or maybe they were just starving cos I ran out of layers pellets a couple of days before  :shock:  :shock: .  I did feed them other stuff.

But it is very powdery which made me wonder whether I should be mixing it with water to make it all mush together.

I bought it from Wiggly Wigglers so perhaps I'll go back to them.

Yes a human form would be great along with a free beer fridge then I think our hubby's would be sorted for life!  :lol:  :lol:

kattcottrell

• Experienced Member
    • www.funkychickengifts.com
Bokashi Layers Mash
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 15:21 »
Hiya, I first  bought it on its own and mixed it in with their layers mash but have since started buying the mash and bokashi all in one from wiggly wigglers and they love it, and their poo dont smell which is nice :D
its a bit more expensive than normal mash but i think its worth it, trouble is they've been spoilt with it because now they won't eat pellets no matter how long I leave it out for them :roll:
Katt

xx
Layers Mash

Started by Roughlee Handled on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 15, 2008, 10:06
by Roughlee Handled
xx
layers mash

Started by Feathers on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post December 31, 2009, 10:41
by Flowerpower136
xx
LAYERS MASH

Started by joyce c on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post June 19, 2009, 10:41
by Roughlee Handled
xx
what is layers mash

Started by craig1981 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 28, 2009, 16:52
by poppies

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 28 queries.