T & M 1/2 price sale

• 17 Replies

johnathome

T & M 1/2 price sale
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 20:27 »
I got my multi-purpose compost from Wickes, £10 for 300 litres, no twigs or foreign objects at all.

amberleaf

• Experienced Member
T & M 1/2 price sale
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 20:37 »
Quote from: "Carmen7878"
Having worked at Scotts (Miracle Gro) I know that their manufacturing plant makes all the B&Q stock (or own label as they call it)...it all comes outta the same place, and it isn't uncommon for some stock  to be 'infected' with sticks and other random things. We even had a recall once for pallets of stock sprouting weeds and nettles before the garden centres could get it off the pallets

:oops:

I don't work there anymore though!!

I have been told that they buy compost from the company who takes the 'green waste' from council collections and processes it. In which case there are things I know people put into their green waste bins they would not put into their compost, so there is no point in buying that back!

Will make and use my own compost in future. At least I know what has gone into it.
If it rots compost it
If it burns burn it
If it is chocolate eat it

peapod

• Pea Goddess
T & M 1/2 price sale
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 20:43 »
Quote from: "sclarke624"
Was that B&Q's own make?  If they do have their own make.  I had one bag like that but have got so many bags now for earthing up the tats in pots that don't know where I got it, wasn't B&Q though.

It was B&Qs own, and when I walked out of the door after buying it I saw a better deal at the front of the store! I will use my own or local garden store near me (a little dearer but good place)

Unfortunately I dont have a wickes near me (or a wyevale for that matter)

Paula
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

xx
T & M Half Price Sale

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 03, 2008, 21:13
by mumsy
xx
Thompson & Morgan Half price seed sale

Started by Stevens706 on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 11, 2009, 18:46
by barney rubble
xx
B&Q Sale

Started by alfman on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post December 29, 2008, 15:55
by meterman
xx
Fruit and Veg for sale?

Started by jamesh20 on Grow Your Own

27 Replies
Last post May 02, 2009, 13:51
by CHRISDONOHUE

Page created in 1.326 seconds with 28 queries.