T & M 1/2 price sale

• 17 Replies

Wildeone

T & M 1/2 price sale
« on: June 12, 2008, 20:03 »
Just put an order together and it seems i've got a little trigger happy!

Final order came to £45  :shock:

Might have to go and cull a few choices before i pay.

Sale end 12 midnight tonight people so grab yourself a bargain!  :roll:
1 x hubby
2 x daughters
3 x chickens
1 x bunny
6 x african snails  . . . . . and counting.

amberleaf

• Experienced Member
T & M 1/2 price sale
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 21:03 »
A bargain?

Honestly- £45!

Try ALDI, LIDL, NETTO, WILKIES and you will find every seed you need for 19,29 & 39 pence a packet.

They never have sales because as soon as the stock comes in most of them sell out within a week.

They have on line sites so that you can see when the stocks arrive.

I have been using them for many years and can tell you that the results are excellent.

I do not spend £45 a year on my entire allotment!
If it rots compost it
If it burns burn it
If it is chocolate eat it

littlelisa

• Experienced Member
    • Relentless Abundance
T & M 1/2 price sale
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 21:30 »
I can't find their fruit/veg seeds listed on their websites... where'd you find those, amberleaf?

amberleaf

• Experienced Member
T & M 1/2 price sale
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 23:14 »
You find them at the beginning of the growing season. So it will be next spring when you will be able to buy from them the fresh products to grow/sow in your patch of land. Not the leftovers from this year either.

They sell out very quickly when they do get stock in. Start looking out from February onward. I got a lovely peach tree for £3.99 this year and it is growing very well. They also had packs of 3 fruit shrubs for £1.99. I got three lots with various fruits and all have taken except for the gooseberry so I am still satisfied with 8 fruit shrubs for £5.97. (9 really because there were two blackberry bushes in one pack instead of one)

Did I mention Netto? they also sell a cheap range every spring.

Asda used to have seeds in their 'smart price' range but they only had what some call 'branded' seeds this year. Plenty of stock remaining too today I noticed when I called in. Perhaps they will have a sale, unless the firm who supplied them did so on a 'sale or return' basis.

Some companies do that,  it makes sure that no one gets their products at a discount.

Keep an eye out on these forums next spring some one should put it on when they find that the seeds are in.

vegmandan

T & M 1/2 price sale
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 00:58 »
I agree , I buy a lot of seeds from Wilkos...musselburgh leeks,little gem,early nantes carrots etc for about 59p a pack and 3 for 2.

They've just started selling my favourite pea, Hurst Greenshaft for just 99p to.  Super cheap price !

But for certain varieties like climbing french beans and specific cucumbers I use T&M especially when you ignore their 1st brochure and they send you a £5 free voucher for the second.  :lol:

God I am a cheapskate  :lol:  but why not do it :lol:

Reidragon

Seed Prices
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 08:30 »
Wilkinsons just reduced many seeds to half price as from yesterday !

Andy
Allotment Gardener.
Kent.

Bear

T & M 1/2 price sale
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 08:36 »
wait 'til Wyevale do their end of season sell off - everything 50p.

The Rosada F1 toms I got last year were priced at £3 for 6 seeds. got then for 50p - got 7 plants out of them!

Must be happening soon

amberleaf

• Experienced Member
T & M 1/2 price sale
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 09:26 »
Quote from: "Bear"
wait 'til Wyevale do their end of season sell off - everything 50p.

The Rosada F1 toms I got last year were priced at £3 for 6 seeds. got then for 50p - got 7 plants out of them!

You do know that you can get new tomato plants from taking the side shoots you usually nip off and putting them into a pot with wet compost I suppose?

Ideal for swaps round the plot if nothing else. They soon catch up in growth.

peggyprice

T & M 1/2 price sale
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 09:30 »
T&M seem to have a half price sale every couple of weeks - they're forever clogging up my inbox with offers of free plants that no-one else wants  :wink:

I've had very poor results from the B&Q Value seeds I bought, carrots and salad leaves ... don't think it was just me being a lousy gardener  :roll:
Nobody said this was going to be easy ... but some days are better than others!

Wildeone

T & M 1/2 price sale
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 12:32 »
Thanks for the advice everyone i dumped my order and went to woolworths today every single packet of seeds no matter what are 60p!  Result!

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
T & M 1/2 price sale
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 13:17 »
I had a look at the T&M sale and decided it wasn't such a bargain! unless you are looking for specific seeds! I was clocking up quite a small fortune! I have had good success with Lidls/Wilko but I must be unlucky with B&Q seeds :cry: This year not one of their sweet corn seeds germinated! So I bought Suttons and had 100% success! I also had a bad result with B&Q french climbing beans :cry:

Jazzbyrd
Do androids dream of electric sheep?

amberleaf

• Experienced Member
T & M 1/2 price sale
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 16:02 »
I must admit, I tried some seeds from B & Q there were very few in the packet and some did not grow at all.

I bought some of their compost it was like bark which had not been properly decomposed. It burned the six marigolds I to planted in it (I had loads so thought I would risk a few) I had to add it to  one of my daleks for next year. I went to Asda and got two bags for £5 and the compost was beautiful.

A neighbour bought some B & Q compost a few weeks after me and it was lovely stuff. I though that maybe they have more than one supplier and I was unlucky, then another allotment holder mentioned his was just like mine and a third joined in to say the same.

I wish they would use clear bags so that you can see what you are getting.

peapod

• Pea Goddess
T & M 1/2 price sale
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 11:17 »
That happened to me too amberleaf, I bought the three for £10 bags and have been pulling out bits of twigs, bark and stone since. Im not getting that stuff again.   Ill have a try at the asda stuff
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

sclarke624

T & M 1/2 price sale
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 19:35 »
Was that B&Q's own make?  If they do have their own make.  I had one bag like that but have got so many bags now for earthing up the tats in pots that don't know where I got it, wasn't B&Q though.
Sheila
unowho
Guess I'm organic until I ever need to inorganic

Carmen7878

T & M 1/2 price sale
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 19:45 »
Having worked at Scotts (Miracle Gro) I know that their manufacturing plant makes all the B&Q stock (or own label as they call it)...it all comes outta the same place, and it isn't uncommon for some stock  to be 'infected' with sticks and other random things. We even had a recall once for pallets of stock sprouting weeds and nettles before the garden centres could get it off the pallets

:oops:

I don't work there anymore though!!

xx
T & M Half Price Sale

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post May 03, 2008, 21:13
by mumsy
xx
Thompson & Morgan Half price seed sale

Started by Stevens706 on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 11, 2009, 18:46
by barney rubble
xx
B&Q Sale

Started by alfman on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post December 29, 2008, 15:55
by meterman
xx
sale at woolies

Started by waddecar on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post July 03, 2007, 20:45
by waddecar

Page created in 0.56 seconds with 36 queries.