So many B******g questions......

• 46 Replies

Alex 98

« on: June 10, 2008, 21:00 »
Its a full time job this, isn't John?????
Alfie's Grandad

amberleaf

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 02:43 »
That is why women who retire before their husband, put the husband's name on the waiting list for an allotment so that when he retires she can get him out of the house from under her feet and on the plot.
If it rots compost it
If it burns burn it
If it is chocolate eat it

diggerjoe

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 08:38 »
I did that Amberleaf and what did I find two weeks into the digging and he gives up - good job I can't get enough of it - gives me chance to escape while OH does the washing and ironing :lol: Mind you he's first in the queue when I'm serving up the veg.

kezlou

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 14:24 »
I put my name down for an allotment to escape my OH  :lol:  
While plays on the computer i dig for Britain armed with my little boys and dozen oak cakes!!!

But unlike the kids he's the one scrounging the veg before its in the pan.
Who needs a guard-dog when you can have cats for guards!

compostqueen

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 23:55 »
:D

amberleaf

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 00:01 »
It is all Girl Power.

LUVIT

compostqueen

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 00:06 »
Same here, the lotty is my domain. OH has never grown anything in his life cept a beard.  He's loves to eat the produce though so is supportive in that respect.

growmore

• http://www.braa.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 00:15 »
Got to speak up for the men here. Wife and I both work full time and she put my name down for a plot (I had expressed an interest). Now she goes around  telling everyone that 'we' have an allotment. Two years later she has been down there precisely three (3) times whilst I am down there quite a few evenings after work and most weekends (in the spring and summer anyway).
Maybe she was trying to tell me something!
All that said I love it and she loves the produce that I bring home. Better than the dodo you buy in supermarkets  :D
Strangely enough I still have to do my own ironing and do my fair share of washing, cooking and washing up too - but I'm not complaining just pointing it out  :twisted:

compostqueen

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 00:18 »
Aw it's a shame she's not been down but like you say she was perhaps trying to get you out the house  :lol:  Plus the bonus of all that lovely fresh produce

I love being on my plot, I wish I could go there every day  :D

kezlou

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 00:25 »
What a man washing and ironing! :roll: Sorry not taken the pee here my partner still doesn't know how to use a washing machine even after a being told and shown a million times  :evil:

I swear he leaves a glass deliberately so he doesn't have to do the washing up  :evil:

Yay i get the keys to my mini plot tomorrow can't wait!!!!!!!!   :lol:

compostqueen

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 00:30 »
oh nice one. Good luck for tomorrow. Hope it's in an idyllic spot and has already been cleared when you arrive  :lol:

growmore

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 00:31 »
It was me who had to show the wife how to use the washing machine :!: Guess who knows how to use the sewing machine - and takes up her trousers etc. And NO before anyone asks she does not wear the trousers in the house. We are just a 21st century couple where the workload is shared except when it comes to geting muddy. I just wanted to set the record straight as the ladies on this thread - well I have probably dug a deep enough hole already. All power to your elbows girls. Good luck tomorrow

kezlou

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 00:36 »
Hey growmore i just got a sewing machine yesterday never used one before, i got off freecycle so any tips on using it and i'd be very grateful!!

Well i saw the plot week and it looked good, no weeds so hop[efully it will be be fine. Thanks compostqueen  :D

Nobody wears the trousers we are an equal partnership whatever i breaks he fixes, we both cook, clean and work FT,in fact its the kids and cats who dominate us. So unfair  :( Don't know about you growmore but its tiring doing it all.

growmore

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 00:47 »
Sounds a lot like us Kezlou. 'Cept you got a catguard! The wife loves cats but unfortunately she is allergic to them & dogs so I am the guard! Apart from that all is great.
I love my lotty.  ( Wifes shortened name as well as my plot  :D )
As for the sewing machine read the instructions carefully - if you didnt get a booklet find info on the net and practise on an old t shirt or someting before you go trying to take up the trousers on his new suit or something. The pressure on the stitch foot is quite important as is the tension on the thread -not to mention getting used to the pedal and if you use something old that you dont want you can perfect it before doing it on that new frock!
Hope all goes well with the new plot - sounds great - and good luck with the sewing. Once you get the hang of it show him how to do it or maybe just get him to fix the sewing machine when you break it  :D

amberleaf

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 09:14 »
Great debate.

The next thread I would suggest is that it is pointless growing vegetables for the table unless you have some idea about cooking.

The male largest onion or longest runner bean. In the garden. Gives the cook a big tasteless onion and a big stringy bean.

xx
Two questions?

Started by Goldfinger on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post January 09, 2012, 19:43
by gobs
xx
pea questions :-)

Started by new_2_veg on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post February 08, 2010, 14:56
by new_2_veg
xx
a few questions

Started by plopleuk on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post March 19, 2012, 23:02
by viettaclark
xx
Few questions.

Started by sharky on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 12, 2008, 10:31
by sharky

Page created in 0.505 seconds with 28 queries.