egg boxes

• 13 Replies

wendy

egg boxes
« on: June 02, 2008, 21:21 »
Hi All,
does anyone know where i can buy egg boxes,am up to my armpits and over with duck eggs.
have read all the info regarding selling etc,have got a few word of mouth friends who have eggs,but need to get a few more people to buy..
found one site but each time i typed the info in a different price came up,so pulled out of there.
will pop back later.
best wishes wendy
Life is what you make it,dont waste it,we only get one.

peggyprice

egg boxes
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 21:25 »
Try these ...

http://www.flytesofancy.co.uk/acatalog/Egg-Boxes-Trays.html

I found them really good to deal with & very quick to deliver.  Don't know for sure, but I'm guessing the 'jumbo' egg boxes would be right size for duck eggs ...

Whereabouts are you?  I LUURVE duck eggs but am resisting the temptation to have ducks in my back garden  :lol:
Nobody said this was going to be easy ... but some days are better than others!

kattcottrell

• Experienced Member
    • www.funkychickengifts.com
egg boxes
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 21:37 »
Katt

Kate and her Ducks

egg boxes
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 21:37 »
I've used Flytes of Fancy before  and they have been really good. Never resist the temptation to have ducks, they're fab and lay me tha most amazing eggs :D
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

poultrygeist

egg boxes
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 21:48 »
Or ask on freecycle. Bound to be people who collect them to recycle.

Rob

wendy

boxes
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 21:56 »
Thanks for replying  :D
flyte of fancy was the one i had probs with so will try the others.
I have 19 ducks,i love them they keep me slug free ,---not that ive got a garden of flowers ---they ate the lot along with help from the chickens ,they are all free range and at time  too free, one of my muscovy drakes thought he was a 747 when i first got him, and some of the female mussies keep getting into a hawthorn hedge that i thought i had sealed,and they tend to walk up and down the road outside the house spend lots of time guiding them back.told em they are under orange sauce if they dont pack it in, i couldnt kill them though,just an idle threat,eat morning when i let them all out i tell them stay in the garden,it works most days.they also stripped the grass  so havent had to mow since i got them.

ive got a mussie  sitting on about 12 eggs at the mo,she chucked a couple out after a week,,so they must have been infertile.
Ive got a lovely silkie male whos firing blanks,postman kindly hatched out some eggs for me that are cochins,the silkies didnt come to anything.
will buy an incubator soon.no good at loading pics otherwise id put some on.will try and get son to drag away from his puter to do it for me :lol:
ducks are more fun than chooks,  oh i live near skegness in a small village.but on the a52.
been here nearly 6 years,but have only had the chooks/ducks for a year.

started off by wanting runner ducks,will get them eventually.
well of to unwind ,talk to you soon take care all.
wendy

muntjac

egg boxes
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 07:19 »
we put an add on freecycle and got loads of replies we now get 30 trays a month or when needed from a catering lady at a college :wink:
still alive /............

wendy

boxes
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 12:25 »
thank you all for info will contact them today,

nice to have a bit of rain,garden needs it we seem to be in a sheltered pocket here we dont always get the rain thats forcast,and yet a few miles up the road it pours.
well take care all.
hope to load some pics soon
wendy

peggyprice

Re: boxes
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 13:00 »
Quote from: "wendy"
thank you all for info will contact them today,

nice to have a bit of rain,garden needs it we seem to be in a sheltered pocket here we dont always get the rain thats forcast,and yet a few miles up the road it pours.
well take care all.
hope to load some pics soon
wendy

Just nipped out to check for eggs, all five of my girls were stood under the garden table, over which OH had draped a large piece of plastic sheeting 'to dry' ( :roll: ).  Looked like they were playing dens  :!:   Soon as they saw me they all came running out into the pouring rain to see if there was food on offer, though ... stoopid boids  :wink:

poultrygeist

egg boxes
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 13:07 »
Ours are like drowned rats but it has (i think) stopped for a bit.

Run looks like The Somme, despite putting plastic sheeting over half of it.

Had 6 eggs this morning apparently though. And 2 blackbirds got into the run so had to be persuaded to leave. I think one had been pecked at but flew OK.

Rob

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
egg boxes
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 13:07 »
Or put a little sign outside your gate, egg boxes wanted?  You may get flooded with them.  Whereaouts in Lincolnshire are you Wendy?  We get our new chicken egg boxes from CWG down in Stamford, but it's a bit of a trek, and Ascott too, plus they sell on Ebay, but then I'm still talking hen eggs.

http://www.ascott-shop.com/acatalog/Egg_Boxes__Trays_and_Marking_Systems.html

not cheap though....

poultrygeist

egg boxes
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 13:22 »
I've just had a quick play with the Flytsofancy website and the shopping basket seems to show the correct price  with VAT separate.
Once the shipping cost is shown, it is added in at the ex-vat stage, so when they work out VAT, it includes the shipping cost.
I've emailed them to confirm if this is correct. I know they've had trouble with their website before so could be an error.

Rob

poultrygeist

egg boxes
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 13:40 »
Wow!
Just had a reply. Apparently it is correct and they do add VAT to shipping (min 4.99+vat) so a tad expensive for smaller stuff but I think they're not bad if you're buying a few things.
It seems to be working fine at the moment and they do a range of large egg boxes.

Rob

wendy

shopping for boxes
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 13:48 »
Hi Grannie-annie,thank you for the info,will give it a look still havent recieved the ones i ordered from domestic wildfowltrust so  am going to call them.
I live near skegness small village,but easy acsess to places.on the main a52.
so hopefully some of the bikers that pass will stop and buy .they have lots of conventions at butlins which is just up the road,and there are lots of caravan sites too.
ducks have been slacking off with the laying typical just as i get everything organised,still they will start again soon then ill be up to my ears again.
dont get many chook eggs from the large hens,2 from the brown hens and 1 from the cochin,get 2 from the banties.
Ive got some new hatchlings that the postmen did for me and they seem to be cochins,4 cream with a few splashes of colour just coming in and 1 with a fabulous coat of many colours,it looks like a cheetah at the mo and im not sure what they are as they are only 3 weeks old but growing fast.

willl pop in again soon
best wishes wendy

xx
egg boxes

Started by rachelr on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post September 17, 2010, 22:51
by rachelr
xx
egg boxes

Started by ceri green on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post February 01, 2009, 20:38
by andreadon
xx
Egg Boxes

Started by tonethebone on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post July 09, 2009, 19:16
by tonethebone
xx
Egg boxes in Incubator

Started by kegs on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post July 26, 2011, 12:25
by Casey76

Page created in 0.421 seconds with 29 queries.