What a plonker!

• 9 Replies

Wildeone

What a plonker!
« on: June 02, 2008, 16:33 »
I've gone and planted all my trailing toms in the greenhouse and my uprights in the hanging baskets!

I thought those baskets looked strange :roll:  :oops:
1 x hubby
2 x daughters
3 x chickens
1 x bunny
6 x african snails  . . . . . and counting.

peggyprice

What a plonker!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 16:35 »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Nobody said this was going to be easy ... but some days are better than others!

Paddywack

• Experienced Member
What a plonker!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 17:05 »
Thanks for sharing that
 :D
Its not only me then,

I sowed 40 each of cauliflowers, sprout, broc and cabbage and forgot to label
them, that was about 2 months ago. There in the ground now and I still dont know which is which   :oops:

tweeky

Re: What a plonker!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 17:12 »
Quote from: "Wildeone"
I've gone and planted all my trailing toms in the greenhouse and my uprights in the hanging baskets!

Beegly.

That's great. I did a similar thing a few years back growing sweet peas. I erected an 8 foot wigwam of canes to grow them up....After a few months they were less than 2 feet high....looked at the seed packet properly....yup, they were dwarf sweet peas. :roll:

It made my neighbours year....so as you say, what a plonker, heh,heh.

agapanthus

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 19:25 »

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:    sorry Wildy but that just tickled me ;)

crowndale

What a plonker!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 21:13 »
Quote from: "Paddywack"
Thanks for sharing that
 :D
Its not only me then,

I sowed 40 each of cauliflowers, sprout, broc and cabbage and forgot to label
them, that was about 2 months ago. There in the ground now and I still dont know which is which   :oops:

Me too!  Actually I did label them all, I put sticky labels on the water trays but then when i left them outside in the rain the water wouldn't drain (obviously) so i took them out of the trays!  So, while I know I have two trays of caulis and 4 of brocoli I have no idea what is what so have planted equal numbers from each tray and just wait to see (gave the rest away to friend).  But evenutally it'll be obvious when one heads up green and the others white (hopefully!)
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

tweeky

What a plonker!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 01:47 »
Beegly.

What will you do if its white broccoli.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 08:45 »
What a plonker!

I don't think any more need have been said after the original post!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

kel28

What a plonker!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 21:06 »
How about this then, I have said from day1 i know nothing about growing anything plants or veg and I dont pretend to and my dearly beloved thought it would be an excellent idea for an allotment (which he was right for a change ha) I wanted nothing to do with it, after about 2 months his business took off and he no longer had the time or patience for it so now it is mine. The only thing I know is what a rose is I couldn't name any other plant well maybe a daisy. So i put alternate rows of onions and garlic in, the birds had a few rows so for 6 months I thought they took my garlic I was a bit worried as my "onions" were not fattening up until my neighbour up there told me its not onion its garlic!! then told me what my dearly beloved said was a strawberry plant was a raspberry bush ( i foundmy strawberry plant in a mini greenhouse which the week before I had sprayed round all or up on because it was full of weeds so I killed that)then today I have a sunflower on the right and pumpkin planted on the left  my friend told me  its the other way around.  I'm doing well a!! But at least I am still going I will crack it in a few years I hope but I think most people up there and I agree with think I'm a little bit mental for having an allotment when really I should at the most have a window pot!!
kem

wighty

What a plonker!
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 21:11 »
I shouldn't worry Wildy, I have planted in my hanging basket what is obviously a bush plant and they are growing up not down.  IL thilnk we do these things on purpose just to give the men something to crow about.

xx
I've been a bit of a plonker...

Started by Benandbill on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post July 10, 2011, 14:13
by Benandbill

Page created in 0.659 seconds with 32 queries.