This Chicken disease is Extremely Dangerous !

• 24 Replies

Bodger

« on: May 23, 2008, 08:39 »
Its closely related to the 'I want' disease.  :shock:  I've been fighting a losing battle with it for virtually all my life. At times, I've been in remission but at the moment its full blown. My advice as a terminal case, is that if you feel that you are showing the early signs or symptoms of the disease, then seek professional help immediately. Failing that, buy yourself a dog, it wont help but then dogs are nice. :-)  

At present, I'm facing an uphill struggle to live a normal useful life and to keep my chicken keeping at a manageable level . :oops: To fuel my habit, I have fifty adult chickens, 8 Maran growers, 15 Light Sussex and 42 chicks of various varietys and  I'm not finished yet either ! I still have four broody hens that are sitting as well.

Kaz says that I need therapy but what can I do ? They don't do patches for chickens like they do for quitting smoking.
Until a cure can be found, myself and other sufferers need all the help and support from our loved ones that we can get. Ridicule does not help in the slightest. Please take the time and help 'The Just say No !' Campaign.'

Please note,that we are not a charitable organisation.  

kimT

• http://www.thepoultrygarden.com
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 08:52 »
Well, I hate to be the bringer of bad news but there is no cure for this disease but the good news is your not suffering this alone.................oh no.

We are a group of happy folk in our own world of chookery and those that wish to step into it are very quickly swallowed up and once in there is no way out.

Vember

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 08:55 »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 09:10 »
Give up the garden and allotment and go live in a 14th floor flat!!!!!

Bodger

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 09:25 »
I'm now seriously considering keeping a few canarys. I think that this makes me a stage four sufferer. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

compostqueen

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 10:11 »
Canaries  :shock:   You DO need help  :lol:

I fear for my sanity too.  I'm now weighing my hens' eggs and keeping a spreadsheet  :oops:   Plus I bought a "chicken" money box yesterday.  I could soon have a house full of chickenalia  :shock:

Bodger

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 10:25 »
I've just shot myself in the foot by posting this, Kaz has read it and started nagging therapy straight away. :-)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 14:11 »
When something is inevitable Bodger the only way is relax and enjoy it.  Just think of England or in your case Wales   :wink:

nettynoodles1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 15:37 »
i must confess i already have a chicken money box....... we put the money in that folks give us for the eggs then raid it when its time for more chook feed! i also told my great aunt that when she dies i want the rooster jug she has nothing else  just that lol.

i lost 2 chooks to the fox last night/this morning thro the pony letting them out. now normally i would have bought more by now but have hidden my purse as i have 11 eggs under a broody. once candled depending on how many are viable, i will go buy more......
sonot quite a fully paid up member of this disease but getting there lol :oops:

kimT

• http://www.thepoultrygarden.com
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 15:52 »
Quote from: "compostqueen"

I fear for my sanity too.  I'm now weighing my hens' eggs and keeping a spreadsheet  :oops:   Plus I bought a "chicken" money box yesterday.  I could soon have a house full of chickenalia  :shock:

Well, I've been doing that for years so I must be a pretty bad case then! :cherry:

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 16:38 »
I am afraid I too have chicken disease mine started with collecting chicken tea pots, salt and pepper pots, milk jugs, then progressed to four hens.  Then I discovered hatching eggs and now have 7 chickens and 39 chicks and they are still hatching as I type.

I too have considered getting canaries and only been stopped by not being able to drive to get them.  Oh I forgot I also have quail, will the madness stop please.  I have a fridge full of eggs, an incubator full of eggs but guess what I am doing tomorrow.  Oh yes I'm off to a poultry auction. Help me please soneone.  :lol:
40 hens, 8 cockerels, 3 dogs, 2 rabbits, 8 chinchillas, 2 teenage daughters and O/H

NormandyMary

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 16:46 »
Quote from: "compostqueen"
Canaries  :shock:   You DO need help  :lol:

It was my birthday last Saturday, and included in my pressies were a beautiful china clock with chooks on and a pottery chook. Word is obviously spreading!

babe

• elvis king of chooks
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 16:50 »
ewwww this disease sounds horrid......... glad i dont have it

Oliveview

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 17:46 »
I used to have the 4 legged version of this ´illness´ I could not walk past anywhere selling guineapigs- I would drive miles to get a new one (or two).  I was cured in the end by going back to work full time and not being able to keep the lovely creatures as they deserved to be kept :(   I still have withdrawal symptoms if I see one here in a pet shop :cry:
Pamela

peggyprice

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 18:36 »
My name is Peggy ... and I am a chicken keeper.

Thank you for your support.

:D
Nobody said this was going to be easy ... but some days are better than others!

xx
Extremely persistent broody

Started by Shoskyns on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post August 31, 2012, 18:43
by Hen 1-0 Fox
smiley
Armed & Dangerous

Started by 4chooks on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post January 14, 2012, 09:33
by 4chooks
xx
Is straw dangerous?

Started by pink-chicken on The Hen House

22 Replies
Last post October 09, 2009, 19:25
by kitkat
xx
Plants dangerous to chickens

Started by Shazzer on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post June 19, 2008, 13:17
by Bodger

Page created in 0.396 seconds with 28 queries.