Last frost?

• 10 Replies

woodburner

Last frost?
« on: May 20, 2008, 18:15 »
The law of cussidness states that we will have one more a couple of days after I give up waiting and plant out all my tender plants.  :?  :lol:

How likely is it that we get another frost this year? (Not counting the end of the season ofc ;) :tongue2: )
I demand the right to buy seed of varieties that are not "distinct, uniform and stable".

pushrod

Last frost?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 18:22 »
I have it on good authority that the last frost is two days after you plant out your tender plants  :wink:
All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

crowndale

Last frost?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 19:47 »
Last year was early june I think here, or so a chap was saying this morning on teh plot.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
Last frost?
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 19:54 »
last year it was blazing hot in may and then turned to monsoon season for 6 weeks!  :thumbdown:

We were forecasted for frost last night so I diligently put out fleece and it was fine in the morning  :roll:   Still forecast for tonight too so I'm not removing it just yet  :shaking:

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
Last frost?
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 20:40 »
All my stuff is back in the greenhouse except the spuds which will have to look after themselves, too busy at the mo to get to my plot  :(
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Last frost?
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 21:02 »
I'll have to wait till the weekend to see whether my spuds have survived; I can't get down the plot till then either  :cry:

Luckily, though, I decided against getting my parents to plant all my beans out this last weekend (they were visiting from deepest Hertfordshire - parents have got to have a purpose in life, I find, to keep them out of trouble  :lol: ).

Their long tendrils (sowed too early, I never learn  :oops: ) are getting well and truly tied together in the mini greenhouse until the risk of frost is passed next month.

Edit: That's the tendrils of the beans, not of the parents  :shock:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

chicken soup

• Experienced Member
Last frost?
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 22:16 »
I have been down to the allotment tonight only to notice a few potatos seem to have got a little frost bitten. Will they survive or is their time up?  They don't look too bad at the moment but who knows after tonight
40 hens, 8 cockerels, 3 dogs, 2 rabbits, 8 chinchillas, 2 teenage daughters and O/H

cooperman

• Experienced Member
  • glass bottle bottle glass
Last frost?
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 22:25 »
with th eprevailing easterly wind at the mo I should chance anything much
Death OR Cake ???

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
Last frost?
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 22:26 »
Quote from: "chicken soup"
I have been down to the allotment tonight only to notice a few potatos seem to have got a little frost bitten. Will they survive or is their time up?  They don't look too bad at the moment but who knows after tonight

They should survive, but it will set them back a bit.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
Last frost?
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 22:56 »
Quote from: "DD."
Quote from: "chicken soup"

They should survive, but it will set them back a bit.

the tops of mine survived the frost.. but some didn't survive the damn hoe this morning.... trying to removed the weeds..  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

woodburner

Last frost?
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 23:14 »
Quote from: "pushrod"
I have it on good authority that the last frost is two days after you plant out your tender plants  :wink:

Har har.  :lol:

I think I'll chance planting things out, and cover with fleece when it looks dodgy again.
We didn't get much of a frost down here, I wouldn't have seen it at all except I was up at 5.30 for the chickens, :shock: and it hasn't touched the potatoes :D even though I didn't cover them.  :oops:

xx
Frost!

Started by VeggieVirgin on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post September 26, 2010, 21:31
by pigeonpie
xx
First Frost

Started by mjg000 on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post November 24, 2015, 16:50
by Yorkie
xx
FROST !

Started by David. on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 29, 2007, 17:41
by slowcompost
xx
Frost

Started by lacewing on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post March 22, 2009, 11:58
by Christine

Page created in 0.426 seconds with 28 queries.