Nightmare plot holders

• 131 Replies

lightyears

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 13:59 »
ive got one of these people next door to me. recently as we have been clearing our plot we have come acrossed a lot of rubbish/last years spuds etc, and wonderd were they came from? so we were sitting in the shed while a shower pasted over on the weekend and the bloke next door loads his barrow up and tips it over to our side?? my sister who is a bit of a trap gets up and questions what he is up to, he claims that as were are clearing it, he might aswell ad some more to save him walking to the tip, a this point, i come out and hand a good old fashion warning out. I phoned the council when i got in who will send him a stern worded letter or something.

Tugster

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 14:10 »
It seems that almost every plot has at least 1 of these pains. In the normal world they would not get away with being so rude or nosey as I am sure most people including myself would tell them where to go!!
I think many of them know that most people they bother will try and keep them happy to save any sort of dispute in a place where we all use to escape this exact problem. Its just a shame they ruin peoples enjoyment in the 1st place.
Oh well, its not going to stop me doing what i love :roll:

woodburner

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 16:32 »
It looks good to me, certainly nothing to complain about, and precious little to criticise or even comment on. The few weeds there are, are not even ankle height and I can't see a seedhead anywhere either. The greenhouse looks good (although maybe a bit draughty? ;) if you were closer I have a load of glass you could probably use :(  ). The paths are a sensible size, and the space is not wasted, as it means you don't need to leave walking gaps between rows so you can get more in the bed.  

I think you have the right approach with the walkman too :D Try not to let her attitude bother you. Unfortunately there are plenty more where she came from  :x
I demand the right to buy seed of varieties that are not "distinct, uniform and stable".

Tugster

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 17:24 »
Glad its up to your high standard. Thanks for the offer of glass it very kind, my mate owns a glass factory so I always get him to cut it for me and it costs me nothing other than a few veggies. The reason there are few bits missing is because of a mix up in the comms with him and he cut me 4 bits less than i asked for. Thankfully they all done now.
Not heard or seen the word "walkman" for ages. I remember them, I had a cheap one that only had fast forward, real pain when you wanted to listen to a track and kept going past it 8)

Tugster

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2008, 17:38 »
This is a pic of the plot today.

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2008, 17:53 »
Another good photo Tugster!! and thanks for the PM ~~~Heeheee I just thought mention at the weekend Iam going to put "playballs" nice bright colours too! over my bamboo canes £7.00 for 200 balls at ASDA they work well as to protect the eyes and support any netting you might use or for cage construction. Much Cheaper than those balls made for that purpose!!! Just use a hot poker to melt a small hole in the ball (smaller than the diameter of the bamboo)  :wink: I will let you know what if any comments I get about them.

Jazzbyrd~
Do androids dream of electric sheep?

bigsprouts

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 17:56 »
well tugster sounds to me like she is just an old wingebag who needs a good man or a trip to the loo following large dose of senocot you keep going it looks fabulous to me :D

Snap Dragon

• I want chickens... and ducks!
    • http://thedragonsden1.blogspot.com/
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2008, 18:40 »
Quote from: "jazzbyrd"
Another good photo Tugster!! and thanks for the PM ~~~Heeheee I just thought mention at the weekend Iam going to put "playballs" nice bright colours too! over my bamboo canes £7.00 for 200 balls at ASDA they work well as to protect the eyes and support any netting you might use or for cage construction. Much Cheaper than those balls made for that purpose!!! Just use a hot poker to melt a small hole in the ball (smaller than the diameter of the bamboo)  :wink: I will let you know what if any comments I get about them.

Jazzbyrd~

Great idea Jazzy! :D

The kids have got a bag of these in the garage that I might have to borrow!! :wink:  
I was going to buy the ready made ones but not any more!
Snappy 

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter.

woodburner

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 18:56 »

Jazzbyrd~

Thank you so much for reminding me, I have a bag of those balls squirrelled away for just such a purpose, and in a week or two I will be needing them and I had forgotten all about them!

Tugster, it's your allotment's standards that are high not mine.  :wink:  :lol:

Tugster

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2008, 19:14 »
What a cracking idea jazz, off to Asda I go!!

Hawthorne

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2008, 20:24 »
Another good photo Tugster!! and thanks for the PM ~~~Heeheee I just thought mention at the weekend Iam going to put "playballs" nice bright colours too! over my bamboo canes
Jazzbyrd~

That's what I've been doing, but I've cut a cross in the bottom of them. I know it's not a very good pic as they are hiding behind the runner bean frame, but...

and I'm still quite proud that I've done that (and quite a bit more!) in the week since getting the allotment!

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2008, 20:57 »
Thanks Hawthorne ~ I will try the cutting a cross idea  :wink:
Nice picture :)
jazzbyrd

potatopotato

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 19:00 »
Quote from: "lightyears"
ive got one of these people next door to me. recently as we have been clearing our plot we have come acrossed a lot of rubbish/last years spuds etc, and wonderd were they came from? so we were sitting in the shed while a shower pasted over on the weekend and the bloke next door loads his barrow up and tips it over to our side?? my sister who is a bit of a trap gets up and questions what he is up to, he claims that as were are clearing it, he might aswell ad some more to save him walking to the tip, a this point, i come out and hand a good old fashion warning out. I phoned the council when i got in who will send him a stern worded letter or something.

Jeepers. I used to have a neighbouring plot-holder like that. He was a right annoying know-all and I suspect (although could never prove) that he chucked all of his gardening waste onto my plot. Luckily he no longer has a plot.

Reading some of these stories makes me feel really grateful for some of the interesting, lovely kind and friendly & knowledgeable people on our site! There are a couple of people I'm not all that fond of, but thankfully they don't have plots near me.
So everybody's entitled to opinions, I open up my mouth, and s***, I've got millions! - Lady Sovereign

Alex 98

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008, 20:58 »
The world is full of beautiful people.......

but looks aren't everything

Live and let live

Blah blah blah

I've a few stories but I won't / can't talk about it........

Alex 98
Alfie's Grandad

jazzbyrd

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2008, 21:43 »
Quote from: "Alex 98"

I've a few stories but I won't / can't talk about it........

Alex 98[/quote

SPOILSPORT :tongue2:

xx
Dealing with bad allotment holders.

Started by corynsboy on Grow Your Own

55 Replies
Last post March 11, 2009, 17:44
by Caddi fuller-teabags
xx
Q for Allotment holders in Kent

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 25, 2015, 11:38
by brianc
xx
PH nightmare

Started by screamingcow on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post April 23, 2010, 14:28
by savbo
xx
Not a nightmare neighbour

Started by SpudtheBinx on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post June 26, 2008, 18:15
by SalJ1980

Page created in 0.866 seconds with 36 queries.