Nightmare plot holders

• 131 Replies

Caretaker

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 19:51 »
We got a sly old fox on our site.
Can you rotavate just this small bit, it will only take you 10 minuets.
I asked Jim but he is lazy.
He askes every one the same question till some one gives in,  me.
Who is the mug....
I'm lost without my SatNav.

peapod

• Pea Goddess
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 21:06 »
Im agreeing with jazz there tugster, a touch of the green monster syndrome there, Id be tickled pink if that was mine, or next to me, Id be bending your ear
 :D
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

Tugster

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 21:08 »
Thanks for the kind words peeps, I did wonder what other peoples problems were. I thought that even though I did the job myself that it looked really good. I think that jazzbyrd hit the nail on the head and its change that people scared of. Lets hope the new generation of allotment growers that are slowly filtering in to our allotment have radical ideas when growing there food.
But... really, there must be someone out there that is not into this idea of growing.

Out of interest the whole project cost me nothing other than the nails and the lean too from ebay for £50. The beds are made from old pallets that are free.

Tugster

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 21:36 »
another daft/different idea for my beans.

The weeds in the background are now gone and other raised beds are in there place.
I will post pics when allotment is in full bloom!!

iwantanallotment

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 21:44 »
Quote from: "Tugster"
another daft/different idea for my beans.

Build a Munty frame next year - that'll really get her talking and you'll get tons of beans  :wink:
(but keep the iPod handy, and just watch her drool when you harvest  :D )

Tugster

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 21:48 »
call me stupid if you like, but whats a Munty frame?

iwantanallotment

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 21:52 »
It's up the top of the forum page Tugster, under "Munty's One Way To Grow Runner Beans". It's a 'sticky'.
Loads have built them this year, wish I had room for one, too  :(  Check out the pics & read about Aunt Sally's massive harvest!  :wink:

franmeerkat

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008, 21:55 »
So far, a month in, I seem to have landed in a very good site. Being where I am, it's a very culturally diverse plot. I'm sharing my plot with a Bosnian, whose half plot, full of fruit trees, reminds her of her old home in Zagreb. Next door on one side are Mr and Mrs Aziz, from Turkey, who hand weed the soil to within an inch of its life. Also next door is Laura, of Afro Carribean decent, who fights a relentless war against the pigeons who nick her peas. On the other side is Mark, a lovely guy who's very angry at the moment about kids invading his site. Up the path are Ron and Harry, who've been there for a total of 90 years.
Then there are 'the boys', four guys who have the model allotment with raised beds, an amazing hydration system and decking.
Opposite them is Liz, my allotment guru, who gave me my first plant and is very generous with advice. Near her is Fenula, who showed me today where foxes have wrecked havoc with her onions. And at the end of the path are Layla and Elinor from Haringey council, who are setting up a community garden.
I love my site!

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008, 21:58 »
call me stupid if you like,

I'll resist ...

I'll resist ...

I will resist ...

No, can't do it. 'You're stupid'  (NOT REALLY  :wink:  :wink:   :lol: )

but whats a Munty frame?

Look at the posts stuck at the top of this particular forum.  One's called Munty's one way to grow runner beans.  It contains diagrams and photos of what is now universally patented as 'the Munty frame'  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Tugster

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 21:58 »
sounds perfect. All you need now is the nice lady next to me to add a bit of spice to your growing days.

Tugster

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 21:59 »
:lol:

peterjf

nosey neighbours
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 22:47 »
hi , most of the plot keepers on our site in hull are great , helpfull , me , only having had a plot 3 years allways go to the old codgers for advice , there is only one old person , thank god for small mercies,

SkipRat

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 23:42 »
Our plot is ok as well, just got a gentleman from Iraq on the next plot. He had the biggest pile of leaf mould delivered, he kindly gave me six big bags, because "I,m his neighbour", so this morning I took a load of fence post down to put in, when I saw him I gave him a couple of posts, and told him they are for him because he is now "my neighbour", he was very greatfull as was I. A later later on I had an interesting chat with him, although he is still learning to grasp the English language. I think we will both get on very well together... :D  :D
I used to work in a helium gas factory, but I walked out, no one talks to me like that.

Tugster

• Experienced Member
Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2008, 10:55 »
Just got back from my allotment to find a new holder who loved my allotment style so much they doing the same.

IN YOUR FACE NEXTDOOR LADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matron

Nightmare plot holders
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2008, 11:36 »
Well done Tugster, your plot looks brilliant. Perhaps you shouldn't have taught your daughter to stick her tongue out at your neighbour though.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

xx
Q for Allotment holders in Kent

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post May 25, 2015, 11:38
by brianc
xx
Dealing with bad allotment holders.

Started by corynsboy on Grow Your Own

55 Replies
Last post March 11, 2009, 17:44
by Caddi fuller-teabags
xx
PH nightmare

Started by screamingcow on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post April 23, 2010, 14:28
by savbo
xx
Not a nightmare neighbour

Started by SpudtheBinx on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post June 26, 2008, 18:15
by SalJ1980

Page created in 1.356 seconds with 36 queries.