Christmas dinner

• 4 Replies

muntjac

Christmas dinner
« on: December 30, 2006, 10:44 »
done 2 geese 4 ducks a capon n a couple pheasants here .tons of roasted veggies with rosemary and olive oil roast tatties .mash etc .then the biggest dam Christmas pudding with roasted hazelnuts and brazils etc with a blooming marveloos maple syrup toffee sauce .21 folks all sat down in a barn with food and drink what a day we had ..... my sister and me done a food parcel for the hospice all full of goodies and stuff . the smile on the cooks face when we finally delivered the birds for thier Christmas dinner on Christmas eve was a tear maker , oh and i won a dam turkey in the wildfowlers club clay shoot raffle its still hanging in the game larder gotta find a home for new years ever for it .. reckon pams gonna sent it sally army folks ... oh and i was awash with my fav angels dribble  boxing day shoot was brilliant again . pam won the ladies cup with 7 birds .was glad to see my brother garry won the gaffers prize with 17 birds . i got 4 with a teal and a snipe for the mixed bag cup ....( a mug with "" im the daddy "" on it ) also got the "daft * " fine  shot the white pheasant  alltogether a good Christmas for us ,hope yours was a nice and you all had smiles all round
still alive /............

shaun

Christmas dinner
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 10:59 »
did you have any meat left to make a curry ? :wink:
you must be a quick one to get those snipe there as quick as lightning whats the fastest a snipe or a woodcock ? (and no its not a cracker joke)
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

muntjac

Christmas dinner
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 11:07 »
they like jets 40mph i got mine as a right crosser going away i used to shoot lots on the bogs in  cambridgshire and boston end fens .teal was one of a jumping pair .garry got  the cock bird over head mine was 30yds up going forwards n right, white hen was in 4 birds that broke i aimed at a blue micky and the white came in the pattern all four came down to pam me and the boss got 2 hens

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Christmas dinner
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 23:27 »
Sounds like you had a great Christmas muntjac.  And how brilliant to help others less fortunate than ourselves too - real Christmas spirit  :!:  :D

muntjac

Christmas dinner
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 23:31 »
been on the recieving end of charity in the past .so only to happy to pay it back  :)

xx
Our Christmas dinner

Started by noshed on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

3 Replies
Last post December 19, 2009, 16:27
by Poolfield2
xx
ideas for vegetarian Christmas dinner

Started by Madame Cholet on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

8 Replies
Last post December 09, 2012, 20:45
by Madame Cholet
xx
cooking frozen pheasant for Christmas dinner

Started by hermon on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

6 Replies
Last post December 23, 2008, 22:52
by mumofstig
xx
My own dinner

Started by noshed on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post November 20, 2006, 09:09
by milkman

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 28 queries.