My plot is finally taking shape! (few pictures)

• 7 Replies

sharky

• Experienced Member
« on: March 13, 2008, 19:22 »
Evening all,

Very pleased with todays effort as I have been needing to get the onions in but have been strapped for time with uni work, though finally managed to get my three rows of onion sets in the ground, all 84 of them (!) and managed to quickly throw the fence up just as I was losing the light; believe me, my bad bad terrier would have 'green manured' my onions if I had not put the nets up in time! :lol: I will need to sort the fence out properly tomorrow but it should serve it's purpose for tonight at least. In all my plot is really taking shape now, and most of the tedious digging is out of the way. Tomorrow I will get the carrots sown though I am only doing a eight foot row as I am not sure how they will grow with the heavy soil we have here. The beetroots will be sowed in the coming weeks along with the potatoes and then the runner beans.

I took some pics but with the basic camera on my phone and the fading light, it does not do it justice.. never mind!

peppers:

Tomatoes:

How long should it be before I see my onions sprouting btw?
Many thanks!
 :)  :)

puravida

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 19:28 »
Awesome work!
Clearly a lot of hard work gone in there!!!
Good beer, good BBQ and good friends.

sharky

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 19:35 »
Quote from: "puravida"
Awesome work!
Clearly a lot of hard work gone in there!!!

Kind words! Thank you.  :lol:

Though you are correct, my plot is only 8x15 foot and the digging was beginning to get tedious, can imagine several of those (allotment size) would make me go insane!  :oops:  :)

gobs

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 19:36 »
Very big tomato! :lol:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Trillium

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 20:25 »
One look at your terrier pic and I can understand why you fenced off the veg bed so quickly. Doggy has 'Born Terror' written all over it  :lol:

sharky

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 20:37 »
Quote from: "Trillium"
One look at your terrier pic and I can understand why you fenced off the veg bed so quickly. Doggy has 'Born Terror' written all over it  :lol:

Oh! You are so right.
The other night I was breaking the soil when he came inspecting, I just looked him in the eye and I knew and he certainly knew what he was going to do when he had it all to himself! Believe me, he did not disappoint!  :?  :lol:

He's a very bad dog!

Angelah

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 12:45 »
Hoping to get our onions and a row of carrots in at the weekend too.

Love your little terror! We have an equally gorgeous border terrier too, lovely dogs aren't they. Have been pleasantly surprised by ours, as he doesn't dig - just walks over everything though!!! Must get ours stripped soon, he's soooo hairy!

sharky

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 17:22 »
Quote from: "Angelah"
Love your little terror! We have an equally gorgeous border terrier too, lovely dogs aren't they. Have been pleasantly surprised by ours, as he doesn't dig - just walks over everything though!!! Must get ours stripped soon, he's soooo hairy!

Thanks! Yeah he needs stripping also, though I like borders to have longer scraggier hair personally.  :)

..also got me carrot seed in today, spent ages getting the soil nice and lined the drill with potting soil, give um a fighting chance I hope.  :tongue2:

xx
its all taking shape

Started by wendywoo on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 16, 2009, 08:56
by wafflycat
xx
Mini vineyard taking shape.

Started by Pompey Spud on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post August 09, 2011, 13:44
by Swing Swang
xx
finally got my plot

Started by Jasonc642 on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post February 07, 2012, 21:31
by Jasonc642
xx
Finally got a plot!!

Started by rhysdad on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post September 06, 2010, 21:31
by annieandjeremy

Page created in 0.861 seconds with 28 queries.