Seeds from Lidl

• 7 Replies

JimG

Seeds from Lidl
« on: March 05, 2008, 21:28 »
I've just visited a Lidl, having seen on the Forum yesterday that cold frames were on offer there (but not arrived in Nottingham yet).  They had a wide range of seeds at 29p and 49p and I bought a few at such a bargain price.  Anyone had any experience of these?  Any good?

mumsy

Seeds from Lidl
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 21:41 »
Same here, will be in store tomorrow, hopefully, please don't all rush to the one in Ipswich before I can get there after work!!!! Will also probably get some sunflower seeds!

DeadlyNightshade

• Experienced Member
Seeds from Lidl
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 22:58 »
I've been using Lidl seeds since probably well over 10 years (but only the last 4 years "properly" as I only had a tiny patch in my parents garden and then later only a few indoors windowsills for tomatoes etc ;) )  and only ever had excellent results in terms of germinating, no matter how much out of date they were (last year I sowed carrots which had expired in 2001 ;) ).

compostqueen

Seeds from Lidl
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 11:05 »
I got marigold seeds last year - 26 p packets stuffed to bursting point  :D  A lovely variety too and I grew them all over the plot with the brassicas etc. I'm off for more today - different types though cos I saved seed from the first lot. Wahay

mumsy

Seeds from Lidl
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 17:20 »
Couldn't wait so popped in before work, just as well as they had sold out of the polytunnels & cold frames by lunch time.

JimG

Seeds from Lidl
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 19:12 »
Thanks for the feedback about the seeds.  That's some compensation as the cold frames were all sold out by the time I could get to the Nottingham Lidl this afternoon too!  Hey ho! But I did get some more seeds whilst I was there.

compostqueen

Seeds from Lidl
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 20:00 »
No frames in either of the stores I visited so maybe they were just a ploy to get folks there to buy other stuff  :evil:   Asked when they were getting more and no-one seemed to know  :roll:

Oliveview

Seeds from Lidl
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 20:43 »
They had cold frames here this morning-  they were 30€ so that is just over 20 pounds I think.  I didn´t get one though, I bought some seed trays.  I just could not buy seedtrays for love nor money anywhere.  They were 7€ for a pack, so tomorrow I will carry on planting up my seeds.  I was having to use the flower pots, not ideal for seed sowing really, unless they are herbs that will stay in the pots!
They had electric rotovators for 55€ they were moving fast, (as in folk were taking 2 or more at a time!) I bought some loppers, can´t remember if they were 3.99€ or 4.99€ .  
A couple of years ago in the UK I bought some fresia bulbs from Poundstretcher and they flowers were brilliant.  The next year I bought RHS freesias from Wisley, not one flower, nothing!! Showed what you pay doesn´t make things better :( Pamela

xx
Lidl seeds

Started by green fingers on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post April 11, 2010, 19:18
by beanqueen
xx
Are there any French bean seeds in Lidl.

Started by wbmkk on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 16, 2020, 20:51
by snowdrops
xx
Seeds Reduced to 15p + 19p a packet in Lidl

Started by pookey on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post June 10, 2007, 10:51
by WG.
xx
Lidl Asparagas

Started by LivvyW on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post February 27, 2009, 19:53
by Trillium

Page created in 0.551 seconds with 29 queries.