Increase in allotment rent

• 20 Replies

wighty

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 10:11 »
Wepay £24 per year payable in Sept.  the plot is 120 feet by 24 feet.  We have a communal tap in the middle of 12 plots.

kooringa

• Experienced Member
    • http://kooringa.com
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 10:51 »
I totally agree - a great investment and saves me hundreds of pounds I reckon on veggies and soft fruit over the year.

I am still eating onions, potatoes, carrots, parsnips, sprouting broccoli, leeks fresh.  I have a freezer almost full with frozen veggies and veggies mixes, sauces, etc.  And a small freezer full of soft fruit, loganberries, raspberries, black and red currants, jostaberries, rhubarb, gooseberries, etc - which we eat each week in wonderful mixed combinations and recipes, and should have enough to last to my next harvests.  I had jams, conserves, pickles and chutneys in the cupboard too.

It is such a great and comforting feeling when you live all winter on the efforts and hard work of owning and working an allotment.
Visit my website to see my chickens, quail, allotment and much more -

Celtic Eagle

• The Eagle's Nest
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 12:30 »
Hmm about 250 square metres for £88 but I still think thats dear cos they wont fix the fence and there's no water on site . Security is a joke  but then again the council couldn't care less round our way
Blessed Be
Celtic Eagle

Everything grows green for a Celt

Mostly organic 'cept weedkiller and slugs

kooringa

• Experienced Member
    • http://kooringa.com
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 13:04 »
Gosh yes, that does sound expensive - then perhaps they can get away with it as 'supply and demand'

Mine is in the middle of a field in the middle of the countryside - so no luxuries of proper paths or water or anything.  

But I collect water in a big tank over winter from the old pig shed - that is now my tools shed.

It just leaves the rabbits, muntjac, pigeon, pheasants, and other pests to worry about. :roll:

Celtic Eagle

• The Eagle's Nest
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 13:07 »
There's no waiting list and there are plenty of empty plots in the borough they just don't care

Wish I had a big enough garden then I'd quit

fibilou

• Experienced Member
  • I love life !!
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 15:47 »
wow, ours is really cheap. £14 a year and £9 if you're a Senior Citizen, plots are 40x30ft (or a bit bigger if you can purloin a bit of the unused plot  nextdoor  :wink: . It's run by our parish council  - maybe that's why ? http://www.hellingly-pc.org.uk/allotments.htm
We have water, but no proper paths - it's up to each plot holder to maintain their own path.

There are currently at least 10 plots unworked but rented. Prime examples being the one to our left and the one next to that. Do we want them ? What do you reckon ?  :D
Happy, hippy mama with a love of baking, gardening and cake decorating

xx
allotment rent

Started by peterjf on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post July 19, 2008, 19:53
by green fingers
xx
Allotment Rent

Started by scentedstock on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post February 15, 2008, 16:29
by Lynne
xx
allotment for rent Burbage leicestershire

Started by burbage123 on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post January 07, 2013, 16:38
by Sweetpea C
xx
wyevale garden centers - allotment spaces to rent

Started by rem858 on Grow Your Own

16 Replies
Last post May 17, 2010, 18:50
by Yabba

Page created in 0.535 seconds with 37 queries.