In case we do get powercuts

• 6 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
In case we do get powercuts
« on: November 02, 2022, 16:18 »
here's how to find out when yours will be...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biDga4JOPjY&t=0s

Hampshire Hog

Re: In case we do get powercuts
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 09:48 »
That’s a useful if depressing video.Perhaps time to dig out the candles.
Pleased that I bought a cheap barbecue so I can cook some food if all the power goes off. Happily though I have both gas and electric so it shouldn’t be needed unless we are in a really bad way. Thanks HH
Keep digging

Lardman

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 10:10 »
Don't forget your matches - without electricity your gas ignition will not work  ::)

Hampshire Hog

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 15:57 »
It’s ok I have a good supply of matches for the barbecue and burning waste on the plot
Hopefully still allowed !

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 16:19 »
Don't forget your matches - without electricity your gas ignition will not work  ::)
I've already got some of those clicky gas lighters and refills, plus there's always matches and a couple of candles by the stove  :D

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 17:20 »
These are just fine for those odd moments when the lights go out!

We have a couple stashed away, and use a double version regularly for any sort of ring-top cooking!

They work well on any hard inflammable surface, and the cylinders are about £1.15 each, and last about a week per ring! We buy the cylinders in bulk, and now have about a hundred - just in case...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PORTABLE-COOKER-CAMPING-FISHING-BUTANE/dp/B00CAUXYAQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?dchild=1&keywords=aerosol+gas+stove&qid=1602333220&sr=8-33&linkCode=sl1&tag=campingsecret-21&linkId=881fb83d17885ce6f5ea3a9315362c49&language=en_GB

rowlandwells

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 17:53 »
if I recall when we had the last power cuts so called year of discontent, we had a baby boom :D I not many candles used in some households maybe I need to dig out our petrol generator so Mutch for keeping emission's down A: lol

and what about the Blackpool illuminations I might get halfway round, and the lights could go out I know why we don't open up the coal mines and get some real fuel for those power stations or we could incinerate all our household rubbish to make cheaper power like other countries instead of putting in landfill cheap power what's that O 'sorry just wishful thinking because the nannies would never agree to that happening: lol:

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 38 queries.