New Neighbours

• 10 Replies

mrs bouquet

New Neighbours
« on: March 27, 2020, 16:18 »
It is done, I have handed the keys over about 30 minutes ago.      The removal men are now unloading.
Exchange and completion all on the same day, right up the chain.
Whilst I feeling a huge amount of relief that I am no longer having to pay out and try to maintain it, I do actually feel very sad, and having a cry.  It is the end of that chapter.   Completely alone, but many happy memories in there to recall.    Probably a chance to grieve now as well.
Anyway, guys, those of you who have got your moves in the pipeline, I hope it still goes well and tell us all how it works out     (the new neighbours and their friends, all retired, having all been having a joint hug, along with the removal men !!!!)     I am keeping right out of the way.  ::)
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: New Neighbours
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 16:26 »
At last Mrs B, a huge weight off your mind, after such a long time... I hope they make nice neighbours once thing get settled down :)

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 20:07 »
Congratulations, not surprised your having a sob, the end of an era, but didn’t you say your daughter lives the other side of you?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 20:48 »
After all this time, you're worth a sob and a sigh of relief, Mrs B!

Well done That Gal - you won out!

I'm sure that even as you don't drink, a small glass of Port will be just the thing to make you feel even better!

wighty

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 21:49 »
Growster! A Lady has a Port and Lemon, really, remember protocol!

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 23:25 »
Fantastic news! I've been bashing heads on our move again today. I'm determined to get this over the line and done even if I have to hire a van and do the move myself.

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 11:56 »
Another lady I know loves a port and brandy. Two parts port and one part brandy really does the trick when your in the need of a warm hug.

Methinks our house move is going to be delayed for quite a while as we're currently in lockdown and aren't going out unless necessary. We've only gone as far as going over the mighty tomes of our solicitor's docs, made some comments, then emailed them back. We were hoping to get most of our things packed up in readiness for the move but we need a lot of help from others which isn't possible at the moment. We can't get another skip and were relying on our in-laws and friends to lend a hand with packing and providing transport, but never mind. All will be done in the fineness of time then, when this is all over, we'll pack up our troubles in our old kit bag and smile all the way to our new home.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

MrsPea

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 15:05 »
Well done Mrs B all sorted now have a drink on me  :)
I Love my green house

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 19:41 »
You've been waiting a long time for this, Mrs B, so you're bound to have mixed emotions
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Growster...

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 20:49 »
Another lady I know loves a port and brandy. Two parts port and one part brandy really does the trick when your in the need of a warm hug.

Methinks our house move is going to be delayed for quite a while as we're currently in lockdown and aren't going out unless necessary. We've only gone as far as going over the mighty tomes of our solicitor's docs, made some comments, then emailed them back. We were hoping to get most of our things packed up in readiness for the move but we need a lot of help from others which isn't possible at the moment. We can't get another skip and were relying on our in-laws and friends to lend a hand with packing and providing transport, but never mind. All will be done in the fineness of time then, when this is all over, we'll pack up our troubles in our old kit bag and smile all the way to our new home.

I'm afraid it had to happen, Goosey, but even lawyers need their dosh, so be a little patient, and you'll be fine!

What a rotten time you're going through - I wouldn't wish that on anybody, so just hang in there, and look forward to some brighter days ahead!

The clocks 'spring forward'' tomorrow, and so will you!

x

mrs bouquet

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2020, 12:49 »
My Son is a Lawyer, with his own Company.   On Friday he had to advise the Staff that they must all take a furlough now.    They are all good people who have been with him many years.    He was absolutely devastated to have to do this but, no house sales - no work !!  It will get better.    Mrs Bouquet

xx
Last week of Neighbours on TV

Started by Yorkie on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post July 30, 2022, 14:11
by MrsPea
xx
Neighbours impacting my enjoyment of plot

Started by missmoneypenny on Chatting on the Plot

21 Replies
Last post May 22, 2022, 20:57
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 43 queries.