Peach leaf curl

• 1 Replies

Middle Eastern Gardener

Peach leaf curl
« on: August 21, 2019, 09:33 »
Hello,

Our two year old (to us, don’t know how old it was when we bought it, but it’s still only about 6’ tall) nectarine tree has suffered from what I believe to be peach leaf curl for the past two years.  I have read that a good way to reduce this next year is to cover it with polythene so the rain can’t get to the leaves but stopping about a foot above ground level.  My question is, this article suggests this for trees grown against a wall, ours is free standing in the garden, might the same theory apply?  We live in southern France and the garden is surrounded by crops, mainly maize this year.  Our other fruit trees seem to be fine.  Any advice will be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance

jambop

Re: Peach leaf curl
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 20:55 »
You can apply Bordeaux mix to the tree when it is dormant this kills the fungus that causes the problem. When the leaves break through the bud they are unaffected then. You may want to do this a few times per winter and leave the last application until just before the tree is about to come into leaf to try to ensure the fungus is killed. Of course you may prefer the poly sheet the only problem I see there is when the wind get strong it may blow the protection away.

xx
peach leaf curl

Started by digby on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post August 09, 2009, 19:46
by digby
xx
Peach leaf curl

Started by jaws on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post May 28, 2009, 04:29
by Trillium
xx
Peach leaf curl

Started by lacewing on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 10, 2010, 04:04
by lacewing
xx
Peach Leaf Curl

Started by Rocinante on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 01, 2018, 20:54
by Rocinante

Page created in 0.407 seconds with 30 queries.