Rogueland or seedfest seeds

• 29 Replies

diggerjoe

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008, 09:49 »
I think I have got carried away with seeds buying - and thanks for the info on Rougelands - thats £7 down the drain - but on the up side it means I get to go through seeds catalogues again and get replacements - as if I dont have enough already but there is always room for more  :lol:

growmore

• http://www.braa.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 23:05 »
I ordered seeds from Roguelands in November 2006 and got nothing. I emailed, several times and got no response. Then lo and behold in November 2007 my order arrived, complete with a note note thanking me for my order etc - all dated 2007. So the moral of this story is, don't give up hope but don't plan to plant your order this year!!!

brucesgirl

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 08:36 »
Rogueland - perhaps the clue is in the name??

:lol:  :lol:

Wortle

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 15:55 »
Well I have got my seeds from this company...I ordered 100 packets of vegetables and my only disappointment here was that 20 packets were herbs and 7 flower seeds within that 100

Despite that I would use them again. and they did enclosed 4 extra packets of differing tomato seeds as a freebie.
Wortle

mivona

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 15:19 »
I have just reported this company to my local trading standards office. I don't understand why, given the length of time that there have been complaints about non-delivery, that they have been able to continue trading (or at least taking people's money and not delivering anything). I'm out £25.00.

Wortle

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 15:43 »
I think they are based in the US so what are you hoping your trading standards will do? :?:

mivona

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2009, 18:22 »
Seedfest.co.uk is registered in the UK to Anioleka Distribution, 37 Albert Street, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB25 1XU.

They clearly have links to the US, but they also have links in the UK by virtue of their UK-based website.

Their vegetableseed.net website also has Aberdeenshire links, as shown above, making it possible for the UK trading standards to take action.

Paypal is facilitating the fraud by allowing them to collect payments, and then when someone (like me) complains, they discover that the payments have been removed, leaving a £0 balance so that no re-charges can be made. Because I paid by credit card, I have put the payment into dispute and hopefully the credit card will bring some pressure to bear - but I cannot understand why they have managed to get away with this for so many YEARS.

peapod

• Pea Goddess
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2009, 18:26 »
Quote from: "mivona"
but I cannot understand why they have managed to get away with this for so many YEARS.

I suspect because most people thought well sod it it was only £7 or £9 or round about, so they just gave it up as a bad lot and didnt order again or complain at the time. Shame that this disgusting scam didnt get closed down a lot earlier
"I think the carrot infinitely more fascinating than the geranium. The carrot has mystery. Flowers are essentially tarts. Prostitutes for the bees. There is, you'll agree, a certain je ne sais quoi oh so very special about a firm young carrot" Withnail and I

Wortle

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2009, 18:32 »
As I say I got my seeds but I think there was about an 8 week turn around, and I posted when I receved at the end of Jan last year.

How long ago did you order? Do you know for a fact that your seeds are not coming. What would you be putting in now anyway?

mivona

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2009, 20:16 »
I ordered in mid-November, and contacted Paypal when their 45 day deadline for complaints was coming up for non-delivery. I reckon that over 7 weeks was long enough, even over the Christmas season.

They didn't respond to Paypal, they haven't responded to me, so I doubt they have any plans to fulfill their side of our business.

Now that I have done some digging, I can see that there are a number of people around the world that they have scammed. Here's a link to a site in the US with concerns about Roguelands: http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/2621/

Unfortunately, the telephone number provided for the Spurling residence has been disconnected. It's only been posted online for less than a week - I wonder how many phone calls they received.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 01:34 »
We all want a bargain, especially now. This lot just prove that if it looks too good to be true, chances are it is too good to be true.

I know seeds are expensive, but compared to the crop are they? Especially as many seeds will last a number of years. Check this out - Seed Life Chart
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2009, 07:49 »
It pays to shop around and as John says, seed can be viable for several years.

You may not need a larger quantity initially, but spread out over a few years or shared with others, (as I did with expensive cauli seed on this forum), costs can be reduced drastically.

If I think I can use/share a larger quantity, my first port of call is always Moles Seeds

Let me give you a "for instance".

I'll use Sweetcorn Lark F1 as an example. It was purely the first one that popped into my mind as it got mentioned on another thread recently.

A pack of 250 seeds costs £2.05 from Moles - with NO postage charges.

To purchase 240 from T & M would cost you a whopping £17.91 - over 15 quid more! (8 x Packets of 30 seed plus postage). :shock:  :shock:

If you wanted that many you'd get 4 times more for just twice the price! I've got enough from previous years otherwise I'd consider doing a seed share in this instance - perhaps some one else may care to take this one on!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Dani01

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2009, 09:23 »
I ordered 100 packets of seeds in August of 2008 (I originally wanted them as a Christmas present for my mom) but - of course - did not receive anything. I wrote several e-mails, even contacted BBB, but they could not help me. Paypal refused to give me back my money.

Today, i've sent them another mail, threatening that my uncle who lives in oregon is going to pay them a visit an pick up the seeds personally if the keep on ignoring me. Let's see if that helps.

I am still absolutely eager to get these seeds, especially their melons are wonderful. Hearing that some customers eventually got their seeds, even after months, I am still hoping. Am I naive?  :roll:

By the way, could you recommend a website that offers a similar variety of heirloom vegetable seeds that does't rip of customers?

Daniel

mivona

Re: Rogueland or seedfest seeds
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2009, 00:21 »
I'm pleased to report that my credit card company has refunded the £25 that had been paid to Seedfest. So, at least I have not lost my money.

I was less than impressed with the response from my local trading standards who seemed incapable of understanding that those behind the scam are using a website registered in the UK to funnel funds. I was instructed to contact the American authorities and Better Business Bureau. I had already done this.

I was expecting them to try to get the website shut down to prevent more people from the UK thinking that they were buying seeds in the UK, from a UK business. No such interest at all.

Mike.white

• Experienced Member
    • Mike White
Re: Rogueland or seedfest seeds
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2009, 10:17 »
http://www.moreveg.co.uk/

Great prices and excellent delivery time - I just wish I'd found them earlier. lol!
For the latest on the BIG project, read my blog.

xx
Seedfest WARNING!!!

Started by clarebear on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post December 05, 2007, 15:38
by kipex
xx
Any difference with courgette seeds & butternut squash seeds?!

Started by courgette on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post March 06, 2009, 19:00
by Paul Plots
xx
Which seeds go off?

Started by flowerpower on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post September 12, 2009, 11:57
by flowerpower
xx
SEEDS

Started by 101 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 16, 2006, 14:01
by noshed

Page created in 0.651 seconds with 37 queries.