wilkinsons spuds

• 66 Replies

moggy

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.chilliupnorth.co.uk/
wilkinsons spuds
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2008, 16:01 »
did anyone get to the allotment shop? did they have anything exciting/different in?

i missed out in the end as had a plumbing emergency so ended up spending most the day sorting that out.
It's Chilli up North.

littlemisssunshine

wilkinsons spuds
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2008, 20:07 »
Moggy, I got there.  What a nice bunch of fellas.  I got 10 seed trays, slug pellets, herb seeds and bits and bobs.  I became a member for £1.00.  They are getting spuds for next Saturday.  They are open 10 till 12 Sat and Sunday.  He showed me the list of spuds and he looks to have loads of varieties to choose from.

I shall be popping back next week to get my spuds and then drop in from time to time.

As it turns out one of the chaps used to live in my village and had the plot 3 down from me.  He also new who used to have my plot many years ago.  A really good trip all round.  Thanks for tip off Rob.

moggy

• Experienced Member
wilkinsons spuds
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2008, 20:34 »
Glad you had a good trip out, im hopefully going to be making my raised beds at the weekend so i should get time to pop along.

what do you get for becoming a member?
did you notice if they were going to have any heritage spuds?

littlemisssunshine

wilkinsons spuds
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2008, 20:40 »
You have to be a member to shop there.  Everything seemed cheaper, seed packets 75p instead of £1.20 for example.  He said it went to rent of buildings.  I got a nice little green card!

Yes, I think they did have the spuds you mention, he read the list quickly mind you.  They had loads of fleece, seed trays, tools etc practically everything you would ever need.  Loads of compost, improvers etc.

In fact, for such a tiny shop I was amazed.  If they don't have what you want they will point you in the right direction (and the cheapest direction).

Where are you based? Are you a newby like me?  Perhaps we can visit each other from time to time and share success/disaster!

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
wilkinsons spuds
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2008, 21:10 »
I'd go to a lottie shop anyday as your 1st stop,  All our spuds are £2.60 for 3kg regardless of variety 13 varieties on offer, peas are £1.50 a pint  8)
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

gobs

wilkinsons spuds
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2008, 21:14 »
It might seem just taking the mick, but it's of no importance and out of interest £2.50 3kg spuds here 26 varieties and £1 for a kg of peas.  :tongue2:
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Rob the rake

wilkinsons spuds
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2008, 21:15 »
Quote from: "littlemisssunshine"
You have to be a member to shop there.  Everything seemed cheaper, seed packets 75p instead of £1.20 for example.  He said it went to rent of buildings.  I got a nice little green card!

Yes, I think they did have the spuds you mention, he read the list quickly mind you.  They had loads of fleece, seed trays, tools etc practically everything you would ever need.  Loads of compost, improvers etc.

In fact, for such a tiny shop I was amazed.  If they don't have what you want they will point you in the right direction (and the cheapest direction).

Where are you based? Are you a newby like me?  Perhaps we can visit each other from time to time and share success/disaster!

Told you so! I was there this morning, about 10.30, picking up jiffy 7s and herb seeds (lovage and summer savory), and a big tub of organic chicken manure pellets (only £3.40).
A calloused palm and dirty fingernails precede a Green Thumb.

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
wilkinsons spuds
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2008, 21:18 »
Quote from: "gobs"
It might seem just taking the mick, but it's of no importance and out of interest £2.50 3kg spuds here 26 varieties and £1 for a kg of peas.  :tongue2:

Thats good gobs do you have a thriving shop then, always like to compare prices perhaps I can barter them down  :lol:

flatcap

• Experienced Member
wilkinsons spuds
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2008, 21:28 »
our lottie shop sells seed potatoes 60p a kilo,so seems pretty cheap
got 13 types now pink fir coming this week at same price

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
wilkinsons spuds
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2008, 21:30 »
Corr 60p a kilo !  super  8)

Anyone beat that !

littlemisssunshine

wilkinsons spuds
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2008, 21:58 »
Rob, I did say you recommended the shop to me but they looked a little strange as I could not give a description of you and when I mentioned we chatted on the Internet they looked completely FREAKED out.

At one point I was wondering if you could be one of them and just waiting to see what I said  :lol:  :lol:

When I said 'Rob the Rake' they had an entirely different idea about you hahaha

moggy

• Experienced Member
wilkinsons spuds
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2008, 21:59 »
ohh i could do with some fleece and some chicken poooo ill definately pop down next week.

im in redcar...its not an allotment its part of the back garden of my new house, just finishing rennovating in then moving in so you are more than welcome to pop round once we are in...i might even have some spare chilli plants if you want them

littlemisssunshine

wilkinsons spuds
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2008, 22:02 »
That sounds great, my parents live on Castle Road near Rye Hills so I am always popping there for one reason or another.

My Dad has 2 plots opposite the Park off Zeatland Rd, near Church, if you know where I mean.

He has trouble with kids vandalising stuff but loves it there.

gobs

wilkinsons spuds
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2008, 22:09 »
Quote from: "richyrich7"
Corr 60p a kilo !  super  8)

Anyone beat that !

I doubt it! Can be proven wrong though.

Are they actually certified, just to be a fuss pot. :lol:

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
wilkinsons spuds
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2008, 22:13 »
Quote from: "gobs"

Are they actually certified, just to be a fuss pot. :lol:

most of us on here should be  :lol:

xx
wilkinsons

Started by pawsnclaws on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post October 20, 2009, 18:56
by SG6
xx
Wilkinsons seeds

Started by Yorkie on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post January 03, 2012, 22:13
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Onion sets in Wilkinsons.

Started by SG6 on Grow Your Own

24 Replies
Last post January 20, 2010, 19:45
by plum crumble
question
Red onion sets @wilkinsons

Started by kegonlegs on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post January 20, 2010, 19:48
by DD.

Page created in 0.705 seconds with 36 queries.