Weight Watchers 'crisps'

• 4 Replies

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
Weight Watchers 'crisps'
« on: January 07, 2008, 23:01 »
Until tonight I had forgotten about this, but it's so simple and aparantly must be low fat or low cal because it's from Weight watchers!....

You will need:

1 pack of lasagne sheets (tesco's value, sainsbury's best, it doesn't matter!)
olive oil
herbs
or garlic
or salt & Pepper

This is such an easy recipe for a quick snack - currently I'm a bit sozzed from half a bottle of wine and in need of something to munch on so I though I'd share with everyone.   A work colleague gave me the basic recipe so it might be a bit different from the original ww one...

heat the oven to around 180-200 degrees celcius

break a sheet of lasagne pasta into peices

coat the sheets on a baking tray with olive oil (not too much, just enough to lightly coat the pasta)

season with whatever appropriate sesoning, herbs, garlic etc and bake for around 10-15 minutes until crisp and golden.

I've made mine tonight with just salt and pepper and they are great!  I know it sounds gross but don't knock them until you've tried them!

Enjoy!

jessicasteven

Re: Weight Watchers 'crisps'
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 05:04 »
The big thing with any diet and weight loss, is that it requires permanent change, if you don't make that change, then you will put the weight back on.

From what I understand of Weight Watchers, is that you have a points system, and you are allocated so many points that you can eat each day. Each food is given a different amount of points. If you actually make an effort to learn about what you are eating and how much, then you should be able to keep the weight off at the end buy maintaining that amount of food.
Weight Watchers

Rangerkris

• My pic's
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 07:35 »
Welcome to the forum Jessica

Well i am a MEND tutor and it really did open my eyes to what foods you can and cant eat while trying to lose weight i tend to go on and off weight watchers with the better half so we get the competition going against each other and i eat lots more food than i normally would hahahah. 

The snack you have mentioned above sounds gross but im sure after a glass or to of wine it tastes great,  :tongue2:  i prefer cheses hahahaha after wine

when readying labels of food you want to go for less that 5g of fat per hundred grams this is a good start to a lifestyle change.  Mend is about teaching families with over weight children  how to change life styles of food and the biggest thing teaching the parents portion sizes.   
http://www.mendprogramme.org/ i tend to do the exercise sessions as they much more fun.

hope your sticking in your points limit and dont be tempted by the choclate thats in the fridge

« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 07:38 by Rangerkris »
Thanks
Kris

lucywil

• http://ourallotments.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 08:26 »
just had a look at the MEND programme and it sound really interesting, shame they don't do one for adults. i notice there is no mention of prices though which usually means i cant afford it!

Rangerkris

• My pic's
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 09:11 »
just had a look at the MEND programme and it sound really interesting, shame they don't do one for adults. i notice there is no mention of prices though which usually means i cant afford it!

MEND that we run is funded by our local council, i get time from work to take part in the MEND sessions any time i work on Mend i get toil for if its out of my normal hours. 

xx
Parsnip Crisps

Started by Fisherman on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

12 Replies
Last post January 19, 2010, 22:33
by sunshineband
xx
beetroot crisps

Started by Annen on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

6 Replies
Last post September 18, 2016, 10:11
by madcat
xx
Cooking parsnip crisps

Started by Paul Plots on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

13 Replies
Last post December 31, 2012, 09:03
by arugula
xx
Parsnip, Carrot and beetroot crisps

Started by clarebear on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

3 Replies
Last post January 22, 2008, 13:21
by mdueal

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 28 queries.