Early Morning Club

• 2706 Replies

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
Re: Early Morning Club
« Reply #1965 on: January 16, 2015, 08:41 »
Up & at 'em - plumber arrives in 30 mins to sort the wobbly boiler.

Morning all!
Y
You're very lucky!!
I've left messages with 3 gas engineers (who live in the same village incidently) and heard nothing back >:(
Just had a call from a friend of a friends' husband who could come Monday IF I can't get anyone else :( But he would have to come from Kingsbridge (which is a good 25-30miles away)

Day 6 without heat or hot water and I'm cold :( :( :(

EDIT BY AUNTY to remove asterisk swear word - shame on you DBG
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 18:27 by Aunt Sally »

cadalot

« Reply #1966 on: January 16, 2015, 09:19 »
Apparently bears don't get dementia due to their hibernation habits.  :mellow:

So they sat a bear down and asked him the 10 questions to classify him as EMI - I can't see that really unless it was Yogi or Boo Boo  :nowink:
It was a random news story  ::) don't take the p*** :lol:
If it was in the news Paper or the TV then it had to be true  :nowink: :nowink:

And anyway how do they know that dogs only see in black and white?
Has a dog ever told them?
Whoever "They" are ?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 09:46 by cadalot »

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #1967 on: January 16, 2015, 09:43 »

Morning all!
Y
You're very lucky!!
I've left messages with 3 gas engineers (who live in the same village incidently) and heard nothing back >:(
Just had a call from a friend of a friends' husband who could come Monday IF I can't get anyone else :( But he would have to come from Kingsbridge (which is a good 25-30miles away)

Crikey,that's rubbish. Hope you get one out soon. It's the wrong time of year to be without either, let alone both. Hope you've got good thermals!

devonbarmygardener

« Reply #1968 on: January 17, 2015, 01:04 »

Morning all!
Y
You're very lucky!!

Crikey,that's rubbish. Hope you get one out soon. It's the wrong time of year to be without either, let alone both. Hope you've got good thermals!
Had to buy good thermals Surbie - going to Lapland in exactly 2 weeks for my burfday :D :D :D :D :D

Still flippin' cold.
Whatever the bloke did today (and Ben wasn't convinced he was ANY GOOD at what he did) it didn't fix it. The pilot light keeps going out when we light it :( :( :( :(

LotuSeed

« Reply #1969 on: January 17, 2015, 02:05 »
OMG I'm so sorry you're without heat! We just had to replace our 40+ year old boiler when it kicked the bucket on the coldest day of the year! Space heaters saved our pets, but we were freezing! Hope things get sorted out soon *crosses fingers
Avg Last Frost Date, April 9, Avg First Frost Date, Oct 26
Avg Growing Season, 200 days

jrko

« Reply #1970 on: January 17, 2015, 04:47 »
Still awake!!  Heavy frost here. 

Me wants sleep
Hello.  My name is James, the builder of Evil Shed mkII and The Greenhouse of Doom.  Please enjoy the madness of my Plot Diary here:
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=107298.0

Robster

« Reply #1971 on: January 17, 2015, 05:56 »
Morning all,
Very cold day here.  Make and mend for me this weekend.  Allotment shed window to replace, a blind to put up, I'll sort my seed onions out they are all up and need to go somewhere cooler.  I think I'll sow a few things as well, cabbage basil chillies, clean the green house.  That should do me.  Have a great weekend all

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #1972 on: January 17, 2015, 05:58 »
Morning all, Still getting heavy frost here too, but with the blue skies and sunny days who cares? Must be doing a good job hammering the bugs.

Comfreypatch

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1973 on: January 17, 2015, 08:13 »
Good morning, thought I would post instead of lurking. I do post on other threads. Sprinkling of snow here, blueish Sky so looks like it might be a good day, worth a visit to the allotment, need to pick a few veg.
Diary  http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=116469.0

Comments http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=116484.0

rogerbodger

« Reply #1974 on: January 17, 2015, 09:31 »
Morning all (even if no longer early morning) ... making marmalade today after picking up some seville oranges from the supermarket yesterday.

Mrs Bee

« Reply #1975 on: January 17, 2015, 11:50 »
Morning all (even if no longer early morning) ... making marmalade today after picking up some seville oranges from the supermarket yesterday.

Blimey are they in already. Must get down to the market.

Although I must check the freezer to see how many are left since last year.
Woke up at 6 but stayed put reading on my new kindle. Really loving it. One hand outside the cover, not as heavy and with its own light so I don't have to balance a torch under the pillow so I don't wake Mr Bee with the  light.

Didn't think I would get on with it but it is brilliant. Love the built in dictionary.

Springlands

« Reply #1976 on: January 17, 2015, 12:14 »

Woke up at 6 but stayed put reading on my new kindle. Really loving it. One hand outside the cover, not as heavy and with its own light so I don't have to balance a torch under the pillow so I don't wake Mr Bee with the  light.

Didn't think I would get on with it but it is brilliant. Love the built in dictionary.

I love my Kindle for fiction Mrs Bee - but still prefer ordinary books for the garden, cookery etc. I have arthritis and the Kindles are so light and as you say you can read without disturbing your OH.  :D

devonbarmygardener

« Reply #1977 on: January 17, 2015, 12:25 »
I'd better start looking for sevilles too.
Planning on making more of the whiskey marmalade I made last year (it was scrummy  :)) and a cranberry and orange marmalade for next festive season :D

Mrs Bee

« Reply #1978 on: January 17, 2015, 18:14 »

[/quote]

I love my Kindle for fiction Mrs Bee - but still prefer ordinary books for the garden, cookery etc. I have arthritis and the Kindles are so light and as you say you can read without disturbing your OH.  :D
[/quote]

Absolutely, Springlands. I will only use it for fiction, you need a real cook book and gardening book to annotate. :D But for late night reading in bed it is brilliant and so light. I will be reading in bed late at night more now I have this.

Springlands

« Reply #1979 on: January 17, 2015, 18:31 »

[/quote]

Absolutely, Springlands. I will only use it for fiction, you need a real cook book and gardening book to annotate. :D But for late night reading in bed it is brilliant and so light. I will be reading in bed late at night more now I have this.
[/quote]

And spending a fortune on books - although there are lots of free books available. And the daily deals.

xx
Early morning bird antics, happen to you?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post July 06, 2023, 11:57
by DanielCoffey
xx
Book Club - the film

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

Started by Rhys on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2018, 21:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 47 queries.