Early Morning Club

• 2706 Replies

Paul Plots

Re: Early Morning Club
« Reply #1830 on: January 02, 2015, 15:52 »
I continue to be amazed at the way individuals around the globe treat others.... what on earth went wrong with their basic ideas of humanity.

It is so sad for those who are caught up in violence and almost as bad for those who cause it.

A different species perhaps?
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Kevin67

• 250m2 grow area + 20' x 10' pt - avid fruit grower
« Reply #1831 on: January 02, 2015, 15:56 »
Not a different species, but a very thin veneer of civility.

I honestly believe we are not far out of the cave - geologically speaking. In terms of ecological/evolutionary time, we have had civilisation for an extraordinary tiny amount of time.

A phrase springs to mind: "Man's Inhumanity to Man". I believe it will always be so.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 17:42 by Kevin67 »
250m2 grow area + 20' x 10' pt - avid fruit grower
Cheap as chips, diy preferred
Will swap root cuttings etc

"There comes a point where Mother nature just says no, without a lot of electricity." Quote Beesrus

dugless

« Reply #1832 on: January 02, 2015, 17:40 »
I think John Lennon had the right idea with his song "imagine"
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #1833 on: January 02, 2015, 21:36 »

Three lots of bread proving. OH watching Birds of a Feather,,,,I think it's had it's day.

I feel you are right Tosca!!! :D
But at least it isn't a murdery/screamy programme. I don't want to see many of them for a while - chap was murdered NYE outside one of our 3 pubs in the village and 4 or 5 others injured!!! :ohmy:
Seems 2 youths decided to go out looking for victims to attack!!  My friend Ann was working in Majors in ED that night too :( she went home and cried with a stiff drink before bed after that shift!!
Very sad - popped down there last night to give her a big hug. Some people just bewilder me with their violent attitudes.
And we're quite a quiet village in Plymouth normally... very sad for everyone  :(

I wondered if it was near you DBG - how awful for the victims and their families.  :(
150 yards or so down the hill i s'pose Springy. It's the pub we got to for meals, rather than the real ale pub we go to, to have a drink and play darts, but that pub is jus behind and above this affected one. :(
Very sad.

Springlands

« Reply #1834 on: January 02, 2015, 21:50 »

Three lots of bread proving. OH watching Birds of a Feather,,,,I think it's had it's day.

I feel you are right Tosca!!! :D
But at least it isn't a murdery/screamy programme. I don't want to see many of them for a while - chap was murdered NYE outside one of our 3 pubs in the village and 4 or 5 others injured!!! :ohmy:
Seems 2 youths decided to go out looking for victims to attack!!  My friend Ann was working in Majors in ED that night too :( she went home and cried with a stiff drink before bed after that shift!!
Very sad - popped down there last night to give her a big hug. Some people just bewilder me with their violent attitudes.
And we're quite a quiet village in Plymouth normally... very sad for everyone  :(

I wondered if it was near you DBG - how awful for the victims and their families.  :(
150 yards or so down the hill i s'pose Springy. It's the pub we got to for meals, rather than the real ale pub we go to, to have a drink and play darts, but that pub is jus behind and above this affected one. :(
Very sad.

It is so scary how easy it is to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.  :(

devonbarmygardener

« Reply #1835 on: January 02, 2015, 22:16 »
Good job we're boring and miserable sods Springy!!  ;)
We never go out on NYE

Springlands

« Reply #1836 on: January 02, 2015, 22:28 »
Good job we're boring and miserable sods Springy!!  ;)
We never go out on NYE

Nor do we - I hate that false must have a good time attitude.

Mrs Bee

« Reply #1837 on: January 03, 2015, 00:35 »
Well we go out nearly every NYE. And we always have a good time with our friends. No false having a good time for us.

We may be old and on the way to being wrinkly but we still like a get together and will show up the offspring by staying up much later then they do. 8)

And we only have to stagger a few yards home. :D :D

There is a lot to be said for living so close to close friends.

Paul Plots

« Reply #1838 on: January 03, 2015, 06:01 »
You don't have to stay up late to stagger around ;)

Waking up suddenly from a deep sleep does for me. My mother offered to lend me her walking frame as she headed back to bed at 5 this morning. Now wide awake.... she is sleeping. A good sign.. soon I can have a night in my own bed. :)

Morning all by the way.

Robster

« Reply #1839 on: January 03, 2015, 06:21 »
Morning all.  Just managed to get down and let the dogs out when they asked to go out.  No wee.  A good start to the day.  Rainy here.  No outside action today.  I'll make things all day today.  A nice sort of day.

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #1840 on: January 03, 2015, 06:34 »
The temperature has risen dramatically overnight, it is now just on freezing. Happy chooks and ducks as their fermented food doesn't freeze before they can eat it.

Morning all, have a good day

cadalot

« Reply #1841 on: January 03, 2015, 06:45 »
Raining here, I glad I took down the outside Christmas decorations yesterday, today it packing up the internal grotto and putting it all back in the loft.

dugless

« Reply #1842 on: January 03, 2015, 08:05 »
Good morning wet and cold The family gathering is breaking  up no 2 Daughter went home today.

devonbarmygardener

« Reply #1843 on: January 03, 2015, 09:35 »
Well we go out nearly every NYE. And we always have a good time with our friends. No false having a good time for us.

We may be old and on the way to being wrinkly but we still like a get together and will show up the offspring by staying up much later then they do. 8)

And we only have to stagger a few yards home. :D :D

There is a lot to be said for living so close to close friends.
None of my friends seem to have house parties anymore. I love a good house party. I'm not going out out to pay inflated prices for club entry, drinks and taxis because we live out the back of beyond - so I work the night instead and get a little extra cash ;)

Difficulty waking up again this morning - this day/night shift thing really mucks my body clock up in the winter ::)
But I have Bodybalance this morning and it is so lovely - I wouldn't miss it :D

Mrs Bee

« Reply #1844 on: January 03, 2015, 10:10 »
Ooooo no. I am with you on the  inflated prices. I am too mean to go out to drink, unless it is the occasional coffee from a decent coffee shop.

That is a shame that none of your friends have house parties. We regularly have gatherings at ours or friends. We are a right sociable lot.  Good for you making things work to your advantage and getting extra cash.

I was awake at 4 this morning so lay listening to radio 4X until I fell asleep.

Now I am cooking for another gathering this evening.

xx
Early morning bird antics, happen to you?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post July 06, 2023, 11:57
by DanielCoffey
xx
Book Club - the film

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

Started by Rhys on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2018, 21:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 47 queries.