Early Morning Club

• 2706 Replies

dugless

Re: Early Morning Club
« Reply #810 on: July 03, 2014, 07:44 »
Good Morning, Back home, can't stick around lots to catch up on.
Time is more precious than Gold
Spend it Wisely

cadalot

« Reply #811 on: July 03, 2014, 07:53 »
Well it was early when I hit the allotment this morning before 6:00  :ohmy: now back and having breakfast  :nowink:

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #812 on: July 03, 2014, 08:23 »
How lovely Tosca, are the pears usually this early in Bulgaria ? Or is it the strange weather patterns you've been having? When does your winter finish?

Not usually Snowdrops, this one caught us out last year though we did bottle a few to see what they were like, they are very small. It's another couple of months for 'normal' pears.

You could start a little business shipping to the uk your produce Tosca, I'd buy them  :D

I sell jams, chutneys and cakes at car boot sales Ma, as well as hand made cards. Bought mostly by Brits missing chutneys and jammy jams rather than the pectin set ones with little flavour. But I do have Bulgarian and Dutch repeat customers. Unfortunately I have been tipped off that a proper condiment company are going to be attending the sales so might have to adjust what I am selling. I don't want to try and compete as this is a hobby, not a business. Done business, don't want the pressure.

I have been approached locally about making ....er....seasonal cakes and puddings but not sure it will be viable yet as getting certain ingredients like treacle is costly to say the least.

snowdrops

« Reply #813 on: July 03, 2014, 08:52 »
How lovely Tosca, are the pears usually this early in Bulgaria ? Or is it the strange weather patterns you've been having? When does your winter finish?

Not usually Snowdrops, this one caught us out last year though we did bottle a few to see what they were like, they are very small. It's another couple of months for 'normal' pears.

You could start a little business shipping to the uk your produce Tosca, I'd buy them  :D

I sell jams, chutneys and cakes at car boot sales Ma, as well as hand made cards. Bought mostly by Brits missing chutneys and jammy jams rather than the pectin set ones with little flavour. But I do have Bulgarian and Dutch repeat customers. Unfortunately I have been tipped off that a proper condiment company are going to be attending the sales so might have to adjust what I am selling. I don't want to try and compete as this is a hobby, not a business. Done business, don't want the pressure.

I have been approached locally about making ....er....seasonal cakes and puddings but not sure it will be viable yet as getting certain ingredients like treacle is costly to say the least.

Could the customers supply those ingredients, thinking if they are expats, their visitors could bring them a tin over?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

tosca100

« Reply #814 on: July 03, 2014, 10:29 »
That is an option. We can get most stuff here if you look hard enough, it's just finding out what things are called.

Feeling a bit woozy after a session with the neighbours, rakia and coffee and biscuits....hic... :mellow:

snowdrops

« Reply #815 on: July 03, 2014, 11:14 »
Oops, may make the preserving day interesting  :lol:

tosca100

« Reply #816 on: July 04, 2014, 06:29 »
Well, I don't qualify for the club this morning! Eight o'clock! It's years since I slept that long. But in my defence I was kept awake by itchy bites, then came down for a drink and antihistimine which knocked me out.

OH's sister landed in Bulgaria for the first time overnight and is staying at the beach for a day before heading out here tomorrow. And you know what? The heavens have opened and won't shut! Not predicted, it was supposed to be mid thirties and blazing sunshine for ten days. Oh dear. The neighbours both sides are getting so excited about her arrival, she will only be here three days, our first visitor. :(

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #817 on: July 04, 2014, 06:58 »
Morning all, Tosca how lovely to have your sisinlaw come to visit. I hope the weather improves  :D

Madame Cholet

• Location: Thrapston=Home & garden Lotty=Ringstead East Northants
  • remember you're a womble
« Reply #818 on: July 04, 2014, 07:02 »
morning all  :D
Diary at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85680.75

Comments at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85681.15

To good friends, good food and dirty hands

Underground overground wombling free

cadalot

« Reply #819 on: July 04, 2014, 07:12 »
At this time of day it's afternoon  :nowink:

Madame Cholet

« Reply #820 on: July 04, 2014, 07:16 »
been busy on the net its called work :lol:

snowdrops

« Reply #821 on: July 04, 2014, 07:17 »
Morning all, just having a cuppa in bed before I tackle the day. Was busy sewing all day yesterday foe DD, so with a bit of luck I should get to the plot in a while before yoga at 1. Tosca, I'm sure you will enjoy SILs visit regardless of the weather & it might clear for you all.

Madame Cholet

« Reply #822 on: July 04, 2014, 07:19 »
morning Snowy hows the costumes coming on.

snowdrops

« Reply #823 on: July 04, 2014, 07:23 »
All done, & gone to the dry cleaners to be pressed, just to sew the buttons on & cut the buttonholes through. Ready to wear on Sunday for the race. Pictures to follow on Are You Crafty, bound to be a YouTube link as well

dugless

« Reply #824 on: July 04, 2014, 07:59 »
good morning, rain forecast for this afternoon so must get cracking.

xx
Early morning bird antics, happen to you?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post July 06, 2023, 11:57
by DanielCoffey
xx
Book Club - the film

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

Started by Rhys on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2018, 21:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 45 queries.