Early Morning Club

• 2706 Replies

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Re: Early Morning Club
« Reply #420 on: May 06, 2014, 06:22 »
Paul, just a small thing, but my old Mum used to get wobbly and confused if she got a bit dehydrated. Scared me at first but amazing how she would feel so much better after a couple of drinks. Although she always had water by her side I think she used to exaggerate how much she drank as she hated having to get up too many times in the night.

I feel for you having had the care of both parents, I know just how hard it is. I sometimes wish Mum was still here to push my patience though.

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #421 on: May 06, 2014, 10:32 »
Good morning (again) already! Two mornings today - 1st at 4am and a 2nd at 5:50 so can't complain as I slept in-between and before.  :)

Paul, can you not access some sort of district visiting nurses for some evening relief? Everyone deserves a decent sleep, especially when you're also on day shift.

In the past I have been given this... a night-sitter.. but I couldn't even manage to encourage the doctor to visit last Friday. He contacted the District Nurse who, I was told, would visit the following day (Saturday). As I predicted.... we're still waiting so no further medical check-up and no chance of any support yet.

The antibiotics I persuaded the surgery to issue seem to have helped - less confused, not quite so tired and managing to stand-up without out falling (mostly).

I will be on the phone again this morning - several years of experience now.  ::)

Ma Lowe how about singing and humming out of tune loudly. That'll keep the natterers at bay.  :lol:
b[/b]

Paul out of tune is what I do best and some would say loud too ::) but I would like to keep the nice neighbours near me and not frighten them and all the wildlife away  :lol: I am going to be the better person and ignore it, the new neighbours we have a re nice and that's enough for me. :D

archibtbm

« Reply #422 on: May 07, 2014, 05:01 »
Good morning, well it's raining,so not so good :)

snowdrops

« Reply #423 on: May 07, 2014, 05:42 »
Mornin. Damp start here but a work day,well to lunch time but don't think I'll get out gardening this afternoon. The cupboards are bare so it might be a trip to the shops on my way home.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #424 on: May 07, 2014, 05:58 »
Mornin' all  :)
Considering going swimming on my way home from the hospital in 2 hours time - hmmm...

cadalot

« Reply #425 on: May 07, 2014, 06:00 »
A wet nurse ..... Costume or skinny drip  ::)

snowdrops

« Reply #426 on: May 07, 2014, 06:01 »
A wet nurse ..... Costume or skinny drip  ::)

Calm down Cad  :lol:

devonbarmygardener

« Reply #427 on: May 07, 2014, 06:01 »
Ha ha ha!! 
You and nurses - honestly!  ::) :lol:

cadalot

« Reply #428 on: May 07, 2014, 06:05 »
Its the uniform what can I say  :nowink:

Paul Plots

« Reply #429 on: May 08, 2014, 01:48 »
It started early late on Tuesday morning at 8am after I'd already been up a few hours:

The Nurse arrived (in uniform - she'd not been swimming  ;) )... just what the doctor ordered.

Ours (Community Nurse) arrived on Tuesday morning and it only took me two calls to the Community Nursing Team (where I spoke to no one and couldn't leave a message even during office hours) and one phone call to One Call (who wanted to give me the Community Nurses' phone number.... which I already had) and a final call to the doctors' surgery again once One Call put me through to the Community Nurses who had no referral from the doctor who said he had made one on Friday morning.

I'm not confused, I did know what I wanted and who I needed it from and eventually got it.... A visit from the Community Nursing Team to take blood samples (that the doctor said he had organised), a blood pressure check (again) and to give me the go ahead to deliver another urine sample to the doctors for them to send to the lab.

Even then I had to explain it all to the doctors' surgery to get them to accept the sample for testing - results after 2pm today (Thursday)

In the mean time..... my mother is 99% better so my guess that it was a urinary infection and my request on Friday for antibiotics (short 3 day course) worked. Just as well as the doctor is doing nothing until sometime after 2pm on Thursday when the results are in.... too flipping long to wait when you're 94 and can't stand up!!

If I had waited that long I'm not sure my mother would still be around or even if I would for that matter!!  :wacko:

A couple more early mornings for me and I'm hoping dear old Mum will be well enough to cope during the night on her own.. I miss my bed!  :mellow:

At least now she's walking with her scaffolding walking-frame - she's making sense and staying awake during the day.  :)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #430 on: May 08, 2014, 07:12 »
Glad to hear your mum is getting better Paul. Hope you get the well deserved time in your bed now.  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #431 on: May 08, 2014, 07:29 »
Glad to hear things are improving Paul. It might be worth putting it in a letter to GP. They have to do something about it then. Someone else might not have a relative as on the ball as you.

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #432 on: May 08, 2014, 09:30 »
Paul, it all sounds so familiar. My late Dad had rheumatoid arthritis and ephysema and couldn't get out to see the doctor, so he used to diagnose over the phone and leave prescriptions for me to pick up. We used to have to resort to calling the on-call doc who covered nights and poor Dad would have to go into hospital to get his medications sorted out. Dad wouldn't let us change his doctor as he was so charming to him the odd occasion he saw him. Dad liked his own way. I wish I had been firmer but if I argued he would banish me from the house. Poor Mum.

Good on you for plugging away, your Mum is lucky to have you. I hope you get some decent rest soon.

devonbarmygardener

« Reply #433 on: May 08, 2014, 09:49 »
It's cr*p to hear what a struggle you had to get your mum seen by anyone! >:(
The NHS is very poorly managed - put in a written complaint detailing the whole thing - they should know their failings and act on it. Does the surgery do the 'Friends and family' questionnaire (it may be just the hospitals - I'm not sure) - its a national questionnaire asking if you would recommend that service and if not, why not.  :)
A 3 day course of Abs is not unusual for a UTI (was it Trimethoprim?) - girls get 3 days of that usually abd boys get 5 days  ;)

Time for you to rest and recuperate now Paul :)

Paul Plots

« Reply #434 on: May 09, 2014, 00:56 »
It's cr*p to hear what a struggle you had to get your mum seen by anyone! >:(
The NHS is very poorly managed - put in a written complaint detailing the whole thing - they should know their failings and act on it. Does the surgery do the 'Friends and family' questionnaire (it may be just the hospitals - I'm not sure) - its a national questionnaire asking if you would recommend that service and if not, why not.  :)
A 3 day course of Abs is not unusual for a UTI (was it Trimethoprim?) - girls get 3 days of that usually abd boys get 5 days  ;)

Time for you to rest and recuperate now Paul :)

3 days worth of Trimethoprim - you're correct. I was asked by Community Nurse on Tuesday whether I wanted a second 3 day course. I explained that I thought I'd leave the decision to medical staff as I was only going on past experience of my mother's symptoms. It seems to have done the trick... much better and brighter. I'm thinking of sleeping at home in my own bed tonight for the first time in six days.

Phoned for test results.... still not in. Bank Hols to blame I'm told. Hopeless really considering she collapsed last Friday and I was the one who asked for a urine test and then for the antibiotics. I think she would have been in hospital by now if I hadn't.

Considered making a complaint at the surgery.... might try a quiet word with the doctor involved as normally they do a very good job but I worry for elderly people who can't fight their own corner and have no one to represent their needs. Too many people on the books at our already enlarged local surgery... Stretched to busting.  :(

xx
Early morning bird antics, happen to you?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post July 06, 2023, 11:57
by DanielCoffey
xx
Book Club - the film

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 05, 2018, 15:34
by mrs bouquet
xx
Morning all :)

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

222 Replies
Last post July 29, 2018, 10:01
by Growster...
xx
Went to my local Gardening Club evening...

Started by Rhys on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2018, 21:49
by Rhys

Page created in 0.482 seconds with 45 queries.