That B word

• 5 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
That B word
« on: August 20, 2013, 15:15 »
Bailey our cuckoo marran has gone all B**** on me. tried the kicking her of the nest for the last two weeks, even tried once the others had laid shutting the hatch up but she is being very very persistent  >:( >:(

I have read about the bucket of water (trying this next) or getting her to sit on ice (not happy with that one).

Any other suggestions?
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Sparkyrog

Re: That B word
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 15:18 »
Put her in a dog cage thats raised on bricks in the shade somewhere for a few days  :)
I cook therefore I grow

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 15:33 »
Do remember to provide food, water and shelter against the weather if you use an anti broody cage.   ;)

You might find that putting her in another coop will work.  A friend of mine was going to put her persistent broody on some fertile eggs but needed to put her in a broody coop first and she just wouldn't sit.  I have done the same putting a bantam in a rabbit hutch in a cool shed and it worked.  The problem is though that they usually go broody again within a month!   ::)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Sparkyrog

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 15:34 »
Do remember to provide food, water and shelter against the weather if you use an anti broody cage.   ;)

You might find that putting her in another coop will work.  A friend of mine was going to put her persistent broody on some fertile eggs but needed to put her in a broody coop first and she just wouldn't sit.  I have done the same putting a bantam in a rabbit hutch in a cool shed and it worked.  The problem is though that they usually go broody again within a month!   ::)
Thought food and water went without saying  :)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 15:50 »

Thought food and water went without saying  :)

It would with Aidy but we have to make things really plain for members/guests who use the site and may be a novice.   I can give advice but I am a relative newbie in poultry keeping so everyone is encouraged to give their opinions and ideas.  The more the merrier.   ;)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 15:52 »
Thought food and water went without saying 

You may have done, but it is non the less an important thing to stress for new chicken keepers  :)

xx
Give me the hard word please!

Started by peapod on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post July 17, 2010, 16:53
by nicky d
exclamation
5girls dead. A word of warning

Started by Alby on The Hen House

18 Replies
Last post October 26, 2010, 13:21
by hillfooter
xx
Chicken Lice; word of warning

Started by SnooziSuzi on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post July 21, 2009, 17:14
by virgotiger
xx
Just a small word of warning about incubating eggs in Jan/Feb

Started by Casey76 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post January 31, 2012, 18:49
by emotion-2003

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 29 queries.