is this a good deal?

• 23 Replies

babe

• elvis king of chooks
is this a good deal?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 19:32 »
aww come on, ive said i'll grow a carrot from seed, is that not trying enough new stuff for one year and im growing eggs in the incubator.

if i start flowers too, just when will i fit any shopping in? priorities please :oops:

gobs

is this a good deal?
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 21:17 »
Quote from: "babe"
aww come on, ive said i'll grow a carrot from seed,

Just one step at a time.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

mdueal

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.averysmallholding.co.uk/
is this a good deal?
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 19:11 »
I was looking at a similar deal here:
http://www.plantoffers.com/product.html?code=bumper-perennials
I know someone who ordered 50 begonia tubors from here last year and they were amazing so I have no proms ordering

We moved house last spring and garden is bare - now we have done a bit on the house the garden needs some tlc. We are hoping to open it during the village 'open gardens' weekend too - at least it will give us something to aim for!

mashauk

is this a good deal?
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 19:13 »
aww come on, ive said i'll grow a carrot from seed, is that not trying enough new stuff for one year and im growing eggs in the incubator.

if i start flowers too, just when will i fit any shopping in? priorities please :oops:

You won't have to stop shopping, it's just your shopping list will change somewhat, for example the new killer Jimmy Choo shoes, will become the new green wellies!

Seed catalogues will become exciting :lol:

babe

• elvis king of chooks
is this a good deal?
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2008, 19:16 »
Quote from: "mashauk"

You won't have to stop shopping, it's just your shopping list will change somewhat, for example the new killer Jimmy Choo shoes, will become the new green wellies!

that is so not funny masha

muddywellies

• Experienced Member
is this a good deal?
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 14:07 »
I know what you mean about 'plague of nasturtiums' mashauk... I had that last year too. Being new to gardening I trusted what it said on the seed packet and expected them to grow to about 12 inches. They'd got to 10 foot by the time we realised we couldn't take it any longer and hacked them down! They were shading out everything else in the garden and made the edges of the lawn die where they were straggling all over it (got in big trouble with OH because of that!). I wonder if it was the strange weather? Oh well, at least something enjoyed it!

mashauk

is this a good deal?
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 14:16 »
Quote from: "mashauk"

that is so not funny masha

It is, I can just imagine you in your designer wellies fretting about getting mud in your fingernails :lol:   The secret is dark nailpolish :)   By the way, Johnny Depp's going to be about a mile away from me this evening!

mashauk

is this a good deal?
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 14:18 »
Quote from: "muddywellies"
I know what you mean about 'plague of nasturtiums' mashauk... I had that last year too. Being new to gardening I trusted what it said on the seed packet and expected them to grow to about 12 inches. They'd got to 10 foot by the time we realised we couldn't take it any longer and hacked them down! They were shading out everything else in the garden and made the edges of the lawn die where they were straggling all over it (got in big trouble with OH because of that!). I wonder if it was the strange weather? Oh well, at least something enjoyed it!

I'd not grown them before and they were lovely, but I have a tiny garden and they took over a whole bed, killing everything else off and creeping to the house, in a scary triffid type way, I managed to cut them off the Acer and the fences but not before they'd spread to my neighbours, luckily one of them does anything in their garden the other 2 are overgrown so they won't notice.  I took as many seeds off as I could and will put some down at the lottie as sacrificial plants.  I also gave some away on Freecycle and other groups.

muddywellies

• Experienced Member
is this a good deal?
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2008, 14:21 »
I'm loving the 'sacrificial plants' idea. I have a load of seeds too - some of them have goen a bit furry and mouldy in our damp shed but I doubt anything could stop these things growing. Triffids indeed!

xx
Fleece jackets - good deal on ebay

Started by Babycat on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post December 12, 2008, 07:07
by Osi
xx
deal of the year

Started by clarkey95 on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post May 27, 2010, 14:35
by Pelmetman
xx
How do you deal with self seeders vs weeds?

Started by LivvyW on General Gardening

12 Replies
Last post March 12, 2011, 18:29
by andtiggertoo
xx
Soil preparation - how to deal with stones and more stones

Started by kkckkc on General Gardening

7 Replies
Last post April 04, 2012, 20:42
by stentman

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 31 queries.