Second Cropping Potatoes?

• 19 Replies

vanessa.xx

• Experienced Member
Re: Second Cropping Potatoes?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 21:33 »
Oh dear!  I've just received my DT Brown catalogue and they've got second cropping potato tubers which, they say, will be ready to START lifting end of Oct/Nov.  Does this mean if I grew them in tubs/bags that we could have home grown spuds on Christmas day?!  There is loads of lovely stuff in the catalogue - why oh why did I open it up today  :blink:

this made me laugh as I am sitting here and by the side of me is my d t brown catalogue which also came today but,now im afraid to open it!lol

Yes leave it alone don't open it, it's lethal   :D my order is up to £34 and my mums is £65

maxibo

• Experienced Member
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 21:45 »

Yes leave it alone don't open it, it's lethal   :D my order is up to £34 and my mums is £65

Oh well, look on the bright side - you'll be able to order a blueberry plant for half price now!  :lol:

vanessa.xx

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 22:17 »
  :lol: I know just need to find somewhere to put it, ah what the hell I'll try the spuds

maxibo

• Experienced Member
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 22:37 »
Oooh you are a devil.  And so decisive too.  I shall be faffing about for days now after so many different answers. Gah!  You've got to order a bit to justify the p&p though, don't you?  I get paid on Friday so I'm going to be sensible, write a list and wait til then.  Night time on line ordering is not a good thing for me  ::)

al78

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 23:56 »
I was wondering if it was worth getting some of these second cropping potatoes but planting them a bit earlier than suggested so they crop mid-late October, hopefully (in my area at least) getting a crop before the first proper harsh frosts. The idea being that by October I will have eaten all the summer cropping potatoes so the late cropping ones will crop at just the right time to extend my home grown supply. Or would I be better off just planting some maincrop potatoes in the spring?

xx
Second Cropping Potatoes

Started by mashauk on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post July 02, 2008, 19:58
by purplebean
xx
winter cropping potatoes

Started by Thephoenix572 on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post August 13, 2011, 23:50
by gavinjconway
xx
Alderman pea cropping

Started by shokkyy on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 31, 2011, 10:13
by mumofstig
xx
catch cropping

Started by muntjac on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post February 20, 2007, 00:15
by WG.

Page created in 1.067 seconds with 28 queries.