How could someone abandon this dog?

• 30 Replies

Oliveview

How could someone abandon this dog?
« on: June 06, 2013, 17:15 »
This is Paco, a pure German Shepherd (as far as we know, but strays do not come with pedigree papers)  He was found along a main road, in the middle of nowhere, with no houses close by.  He was terrified when he arrived at the refuge.  He is happy and friendly now though.  He was adopted last week, but returned after just 2 days- he did pee´s and poo´s the man said-  well, fancy that!  I guess the man does them too!!  :mad:  How can you not give a dog longer than 2 nights to settle down! So we are now re-looking for a home for Paco. 

Is he not gorgeous????  He is around 3-4 months old according to the vet, going by his tiny teeth

Pamela
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 17:17 by oliveview »

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: How could someone abandon this dog?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 17:39 »
Aww, lovely indeed  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 17:40 »
It may have been someone who couldn't afford to feed him any more, with all the money worries there  :(
He's gonna be a big boy - by the size of those feet  :D

No excuse for just dumping him, poor chap - they could have taken him to your refuge and exlained  :mad:

Oliveview

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 17:57 »
Today we took Tibet to the vet for a check of his leg (he pretended he could not walk on it, but I had a video ready)  on the way back I said about stopping at the bar not far from us for a coffee.  I decided to walk home and instead of walking the shorter walk home I thought I would do the longer walk.  Just a minute, if that from the bar, at a gate, was a dog in terrible condition, so I sent a message to the refuge folk (Whats App is great)  and they said to take the poor dog there.  So we now have a very hungry galgo/cross type dog, called Ela  (Ella) as I wanted to call her Bella, but we have had a dog adopted called Bella, so as the area is Santa Elo, we called her Ela (Bella without the B)
She let me pick her up (ticks/fleas/arrows of dried grass in her fur)  so first thing we did was spray her for fleas/ticks and then fed her.  She will be kept apart from the other dogs for a week, until the vet comes next week. If I had turned first left I would not have seen her, but thank goodness I carried straight along the road (well 2 gates along the road)  We very rarely go for a coffee there.... fate...
Pamela

maxibo

• Experienced Member
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 21:12 »
I will NEVER be able to understand how people can be so cruel and hurt animals. Ever. Paco is gorgeous and just a baby too  :(.  I hope he finds a good home very soon.  He deserves it.

compostqueen

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 23:14 »
Well done! You did a good job, again  :D 

What a beautiful dog  :)  He will make someone a lovely pet. How can someone abandon him. I suppose he could be lost  :unsure:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 23:22 »
He is gorgeous Pamela!  Hope you find him a home soon.  And what a stroke of luck you finding the other one like that! 

cadalot

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 06:44 »
These days with micro chips there is no excuse for not being able to find a run away if found and picked up.

That's if you can be bothered to pay for the chip in the first place, which IMHO any responsible owner would.

Lulu

• Winner Best Sunflower - 2012
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 21:51 »
Paco is lovely - great ears and his expression is just full of wonder and life.  I really hope he finds the home he looks like he deserves.
Wash your hands, stay at home, distance yourself

lacaya

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 13:26 »
Yes, a truly gorgeous dog, surely he'll be re-homed soon?

I'm so glad you chose a different route and found the other dog who so desperately needed saving.  I think what you do is incredible - wish I could help in some way.

Oliveview

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 16:02 »
The new dog is so friendly, she, Ella, has put on weight already :D

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 17:44 »
We still have Paco- we have a big problem with him, he is terrified of leads and collars.  I bought him a nice soft collar, so he is wearing that now, he took to his kennel when I put it on, for about 2 hours!  The other day a lady put a lead on the collar and just left it, he ignored it, so we are working that way... slowly slowly :nowink:

Pamela

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 17:48 »
Awww poor Paco, still you will get there eventually Pamela!  And then you will find him a lovely home!

I bet it was hot at the refuge today?  :(

Oliveview

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 18:06 »
Known it worse GA,  at one point there was actually a breeze :D  We started at about 11am and finished at 3.30pm   We cleaned and then sprayed the walls with stuff to kill ticks, so it took a while.  I am with 2 new volunteers. I spoke to a British woman in Aldi, she asked what we did at weekends as their village was quiet, I said I cleaned at the refuge every Sunday.... she showed interest, so I gave her my phone number fast!!  Her friend has come along too.  They are nice sensible women, well I say sensible....... today they took a pup to ¨foster´ as the other dogs pick on him.  Maybe they are not quite so sensible after all  :lol:

Pamela

Oliveview

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 18:07 »
oh dear, I think Pumuki should move his paw to the left a bit more :ohmy:
 ::) :wub: :blush:
Pamela
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 18:09 by Oliveview »

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 30 queries.