Hello 1st Post

• 1 Replies

Carolann

Hello 1st Post
« on: March 22, 2013, 10:32 »
Thought I would just say hello,  I am Carolann ,I live in Longridge in the lovely Ribble Valley.
My reason for joining your forum is my daughter Emma, about 10mnths ago she thought it would be a good idea to buy some hens for her and her partners children so 5 children 5 hens Rhode reds, that was when I started reading some of the threads on here, we have now got 4 more hens 2 orpingtons 1 silkie 1 that has feathery feet cant remember breed these came from her neighbour who spent a fortune buying them and got bored about 2mnths later. All was well till Lauren 5yr old Granddaughter caught the red orpington squashing Fluff the silkie, shortly after this Fluff started sitting on 4 eggs :mad: we now view the Red Devil in a different light , yes its a cock.
So my 1st of many questions is what do you get when a Orpington "Squashes" a Silkie. :lol:
No doubt there will be plenty more newbie type questions to follow Please be kind :) :)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Hello 1st Post
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 12:20 »
Welcome to the site Carolann. 

The eggs may not be fertile if your Silkie is only young.  As you can imagine you will get a very mixed bunch.  I have some Light Sussex bantam x Partridge Wyandotte bantam (cockerel) crossed with a Partridge Wyandotte bantam chicks.  They are all different and equally beautiful.   :D
Dottys chicks are growing fast 004.JPG
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

xx
1st Post

Started by TonyW on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post November 06, 2010, 19:51
by TonyW
xx
Post Fox Attack Help

Started by Crisper on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post December 19, 2008, 12:17
by Crisper
xx
how do i post pictures???

Started by milly8 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post May 04, 2008, 18:33
by Aunt Sally
xx
p.s. to my post on types of hen

Started by audi on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 12, 2010, 16:44
by audi

Page created in 0.431 seconds with 36 queries.