Why You Have An Allotment?

• 31 Replies

SkipRat

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2008, 22:35 »
I used to have an allotment in my late twenties, but had to give it up through work commitments. At first I didnt miss it, but as I got older, life seemed to be getting more stressful, and complicated, and the things that interested me when I was younger didnt interest me as an older person. I also started questioning why I needed to work all the hours that i did, when my two girls were independant, and  my mortgage was almost paid off. I was always working to deadlines. Then I found myself thinking of "wouldnt it be nice if I could spend some time just pottering an allotment with no bigwig shouting and screaming and always wanting more off you" So thats what I did, I finally paid my mortgage off, and chucked my job as an engineering technician. I now work for myself  working a lot less hours, and aquired my first allotment in Feb of last year, I took another half plot on in Oct of last year. I now get down most days, and life seems to make a bit of sense once more. The wife has noticed I,ve got that spring back in my step. Its great observing the seasons, and its like going back in time a little for me.  :D
I used to work in a helium gas factory, but I walked out, no one talks to me like that.

gobs

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2008, 09:50 »
'why you have an allotment'

I don't have a big enough garden.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

xx
New allotment - HELP

Started by sanj on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post September 04, 2010, 18:55
by sanj
xx
Allotment pH

Started by flopsy on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post July 05, 2011, 18:48
by flopsy
xx
New Allotment - Help !

Started by gilesi on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 02, 2015, 11:39
by Enfield Glen
xx
New Allotment

Started by mixdiver on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 21, 2006, 11:43
by mellowmick

Page created in 0.359 seconds with 32 queries.