Goji Berry

• 3 Replies

iggyboy60

• Experienced Member
Goji Berry
« on: February 14, 2011, 16:16 »
Hi all, I have two Gojiberry plants on my plot,they have been in situ for two years now and I was wondering how long I will have to wait for any signs of the red,liqorice flavoured fruits to appear. The plants are healthy enough,to the point of them running riot if given the chance,but to be honest I know very little about the care and upkeep of these plants. Any advice would be most welcome..thanks.
people talk rubbish

Kleftiwallah

Re: Goji Berry
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 17:00 »
I was given a Goji berry twig by my son.  (I wish he had got me something useful)! 

Went down the local G/C and grabbed a brochure.   Goji.   "Produces fruits at two years but best at 4 - 5. Normally by late summer but flowers up to first frosts.  Prefer full sun, can reach 8 - 10 feet high and 'vines' 12 feet long.  Heavy pruning will keep bush 'looking nice'."   Fruits should be shaken from the vine rather than picked to avoid spoiling.   Now you know as much as me!   Keep in touch!   Cheers,  Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

iggyboy60

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 20:48 »
Cheers for your reply...will keep you informed of any fruit produced from the Goji. I've been told you can grow them as a staked cordon with branches no more than a foot long coming from the main stem. Think I will give that a go with one of my two plants :)

hightide

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 22:28 »
I agree there is not much practical information available even from the main suppliers. I made the mistake of trying to grow mine as a bush they are very vigorous and acted like rampant bramble. To get them under control I staked mine up last year and pruned them to become tree bushes; the side shoots still try to reach the moon, but they did produce flowers and berries very late in the year. This year will be the fourth year on the plot I am hoping that this year is going to be the best. Although it is an American site, I found the cultural advice at Dreamland Goji very useful.

www.go-goji.com

:)
A weed is a plant that's in the wrong place and intends to stay

xx
Goji Berry?

Started by Glen on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post April 06, 2008, 19:25
by mikem
xx
Goji Berry

Started by lfcevans on Grow Your Own

20 Replies
Last post October 28, 2012, 16:00
by stelios
xx
Goji Berry Plant

Started by monsoon on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post August 09, 2010, 19:16
by birmancats
xx
Pruning Goji Berry

Started by Andy Pandy on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post August 22, 2011, 13:07
by TerryB

Page created in 0.358 seconds with 28 queries.