My Girls - Laying regularly????

• 5 Replies

SurreyLass

• Experienced Member
My Girls - Laying regularly????
« on: April 11, 2011, 22:24 »
I am new to all this, and got my 2 beautiful girls (HENrietta and Milly - named by my 7 year old and 3 year old sons!) for Mothers day - I got them 2 weeks ago last Friday, as Point of Lay - aprox 20ish weeks. They said none of the hens had laid yet. By the Tuesday (2 weeks ago tommorrow) Milly laid - and has done every day since. Henrietta though is another matter - she laid last Monday, and then on Friday - but nothing in between and nothing since - is that normal?????

Kym503

• Experienced Member
Re: My Girls - Laying regularly????
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 22:30 »
Hi

Mine were the same but they sone ge.t the hang of things and will  settle into a more regular pattern of laying

Casey76

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 07:51 »
Congratualtions on your lovely present :)  Do you know what "make" they are?

When a hen starts to lay it can take a while for the internal mechanics to get the hang of things, so it may be a while before you see regular egg production.  Remember some hens wont lay every day either ;)

SurreyLass

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 10:01 »
They are nice ISA Browns - nothing complicated! Thought they would be good for 'beginners' like us, and also, they are just like kids draw a chicken arent they - not too fluffy etc!!!

Henrietta has been in and out of the house this morning, so maybe another one on the way, which would then be Tuesday Friday Tuesday. Milly has been every day for 2 weeks now!

gailtearle

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 20:09 »
hi surrylass i too got my four girls rusty rosie marge and maggie all named by me lol for mothers day, they are all laying every day now although maggie who is a amber star only lays little eggs, they take it in turns in and out of the nest boxes , hope you enjoy your girls as much as i do

SurreyLass

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 08:51 »
They are wonderful - I keep finding myself out there chatting to them (helps that the weather has been so dry!). Henrietta did lay again yesterday - so she has done Tuesday Friday Tuesday - lets see what the next couple of days brings!

xx
Ex batts not laying regularly

Started by new heather on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post April 19, 2011, 18:24
by alancane
xx
how's everyone girls laying.

Started by davidmw on The Hen House

73 Replies
Last post March 02, 2011, 16:47
by carolbriar
xx
girls not laying

Started by cflossy on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 04, 2008, 10:04
by cflossy
xx
Why are my girls not laying?

Started by EmmaS on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 09, 2010, 16:45
by EmmaS

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 34 queries.