What I did on the plot today - 2011

• 2810 Replies

teasmade!

• 3rd Pumpkin Contest 2011
Re: What I did on the plot today - 2011
« Reply #2310 on: September 11, 2011, 20:50 »
went down and picked 20 sweetcorn, a savoy cabbage (for tea) and the last of the runner and french beans, really chuffed.

weeded, although not much as i think we might be winning the war (don't worry i'm touching wood  :D ) mind you the hours we have put in we should be winning!!! :tongue2: :tongue2:

sadly the kale has been totally ruined by whitefly  :mad: :mad: (or am i wrong??) it has took the worst of it although sprouts have been done over aswell  :( but i'll learn for next year plenty of tips on here many thanks to all  :D
dig dig dig dig digging, rid me of those little weeds....

Vit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2311 on: September 12, 2011, 07:16 »
long time no see  :D i think it's time for me to shift into a "large scale" category - leased about 2000sq m of flat sandy stone-free land. it's time to study about suitable machines  ???

Debz

« Reply #2312 on: September 12, 2011, 09:28 »
Dug up some potatoes (don't remember the variety), a savoy cabbage, a swede, a courgette that had been missed previously and is now a marrow and some red cabbage for pickling.

Pulled out - Carrots all got by root fly, sweetcorn too late (rubbish weather) and tomotoes with botrytis.

A weekend of mixed fortunes.

NN2Blue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2313 on: September 13, 2011, 12:46 »
Went up worried about wind damage but the runners were not really lush enough to form much of a wind break.

Harvested about 3 kilos of Gardeners Delight - a couple of green peppers and checked the sweetcorn.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2314 on: September 13, 2011, 14:08 »
moved some more muck, and dug up the Red Hot Poker plant that was by the shed...I'll put some sweetpeas there next year :)
Picked some bean seeds for saving

goose

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2315 on: September 15, 2011, 18:59 »
dug up 30+ sweetcorn plants that had been eaten by something????  however, harvested 10 of my 2nd batch of sweetcorn that has been left alone ::)..for now!

dug up my axona spuds, a little scabby(i should have dug them up by now) and not a great yield, but look ok, i am yet to taste.

came home and cleared up all my diseased tomato plants at home and cleared out the wood store for the delivery of new logs tomorrow......winter is coming :(

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #2316 on: September 15, 2011, 19:41 »
Brought home three more turks turban squashes and a largish orange one.

Picked a box of raspberries, a big bunch of dahlias, some courgettes and several James Greave apples that had bird pecks in them, the last few of the conference pears, a few runners still nice enough to eat and one single strawberry (another one all on its own  :lol: )

And ten luscious radishes  :)
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Springlands

« Reply #2317 on: September 16, 2011, 07:46 »
Pulled out the dying cucumber plants which after a bad start have done really well this year but they did not like the cooler temperatures in the GH. Pulled out a dead courgette and found a small marrow  :D gave it to a friend whose OH likes courgettes. Removed the stalks of the sweetcorn plants that have been eaten - still have about a dozen to go - and weeded where cleared.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #2318 on: September 16, 2011, 08:33 »
What did I do on the plot today?

Picked up my drying spuds & onions then ran away as it started thundering & lightning!  :ohmy:
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Vit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2319 on: September 16, 2011, 11:30 »
dug up 30+ sweetcorn plants that had been eaten by something????  however, harvested 10 of my 2nd batch of sweetcorn that has been left alone ::)..for now!

dug up my axona spuds, a little scabby(i should have dug them up by now) and not a great yield, but look ok, i am yet to taste.

came home and cleared up all my diseased tomato plants at home and cleared out the wood store for the delivery of new logs tomorrow......winter is coming :(
sweetcorn - check for ants around.
yeah, winter is coming, thanks for remind me. i have to shift firewood into the shed

foxknocker

« Reply #2320 on: September 16, 2011, 17:41 »
Weeded and dug over three of my raised beds, then cleared a bit of wasteland, not much but its an all day sort of job for one just to clear that one bit.

My courgette plants had died so I just salvaged two small courgettes picked some french beans, these have nearly finished now and have been wind battered.

My green manure seedlings are coming thru.  :happy:

Picked a biggish pumpkin, its tallish but a nice colour so I hope it lasts for halloween. Put straw under the little ones.

Worried about the sweetcorn. (looks small)

put some comfrey into my stink tank.

Got quite a bit done today three hours worth.

grendel

« Reply #2321 on: September 16, 2011, 18:29 »
back from holidays, 8 hours driving towing the caravan - visit to the 2 half plots scheduled for tomorrow.- too tired to do it tonight.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

Headgardener22

« Reply #2322 on: September 17, 2011, 09:30 »
Picked tomatoes - cropping well now. Weeded 3 of the raised beds. Picked courgettes, cabbage and started to dig up the maincrop potatoes.

grendel

« Reply #2323 on: September 17, 2011, 12:58 »
half a bucket of tomatoes, a bucket of courgettes squash and broccoli, and a good casserole dish of raspberries, all picked between showers.
Grendel

tonel

« Reply #2324 on: September 17, 2011, 20:19 »
Checked on the plot, didn't do much other than turn compost bins. Then went home and emptied out the dalek there which was full. Pretty tired out now :)

xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
What I did on the plot today 2019

Started by JayG on Grow Your Own

143 Replies
Last post January 07, 2020, 14:33
by JayG
xx
Have rotavated the plot today

Started by Peterjohn on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post February 10, 2008, 09:03
by shaun

Page created in 0.329 seconds with 31 queries.