What I did on the plot today - 2011

• 2810 Replies

elibump

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2011
« Reply #1170 on: April 22, 2011, 19:07 »
Have a good one Ferreter51.  Could you open a bottle on my behalf, please.  Working tomorrow  :(

Eli xx
Talking to the microwave,I ask you wall, what is the world coming to?
Blesséd are the cracked for tis they who let in the light!

gazza975526570

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1171 on: April 22, 2011, 19:39 »
Yeah happy birthday for tommorow Ferreter

Today i squashed yet more sawfly off the gooseberries so decided enough was enough and bought some spray and enjoyed watching them after that!!!

Gave some things a good water - came home and decided what to transplant tommorow and then cracked open the few of many beers for the evening!!

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
« Reply #1172 on: April 22, 2011, 20:43 »
Checked on the new strawbs we transplanted yesterday, hoed, and transferred the contents of one waterbutt to the other, so that o/h can fix the leaking tap tomorrow
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

teasmade!

• 3rd Pumpkin Contest 2011
« Reply #1173 on: April 22, 2011, 21:02 »
cleared another bed ready for the runner beans, so many weed roots but another one done :D :D

Very hot today whole of the country was heading to sunny hunny for the day, fortunately we were heading in opposite direction to lotty so didn't get caught in traffic woohoo !!

watered everything as they were all flagging badly those that are growing and not a sign of anything from seed so just wait and see.

will be heading there again tommorow for another day of looking at the sky hoping for more than a drop of rain  :)

oh and happy birthday have a great day  :D :D :D

dig dig dig dig digging, rid me of those little weeds....

Paul Plots

« Reply #1174 on: April 22, 2011, 21:07 »
cleared another bed ready for the runner beans, so many weed roots but another one done :D :D

Very hot today whole of the country was heading to sunny hunny for the day, fortunately we were heading in opposite direction to lotty so didn't get caught in traffic woohoo !!

watered everything as they were all flagging badly those that are growing and not a sign of anything from seed so just wait and see.

will be heading there again tommorow for another day of looking at the sky hoping for more than a drop of rain  :)

One good thing about lack of rain is at least the weeds are not so busy growing.  ;)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1175 on: April 22, 2011, 21:20 »
One good thing about lack of rain is at least the weeds are not so busy growing.

But when I hoed today the top is a dustbath :(

Bing

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1176 on: April 22, 2011, 22:40 »

One good thing about lack of rain is at least the weeds are not so busy growing.  ;)

Hottest weather ever for April!?

weeds' seeds are dry and flying, be prepared when rain comes!
Rain at night, sunshine all day long!

grendel

« Reply #1177 on: April 22, 2011, 22:43 »
didnt get to the plot today, we did pot up some tomatoes from the seed trays, watered the greenhouses and de caterpillared the goosberry plants. then a nice BBQ before heading back indoors.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

pumpkinpatch

« Reply #1178 on: April 22, 2011, 23:11 »
Well, we were going to go to the allotment today and were only a matter of yards away but then...

We had a BBQ in the glorious sun today before heading indoors, then after letting dinner go down we decided to walk to the allotment with the dog, there had just been a light shower and we thought that was all, just a light spring shower. But as we were approaching the allotment, the clouds drew in, lightning lit up everywhere and the rumble of the thunder was getting louder and closer. So we headed home in the what was at the time light rain, after only a few minutes of getting in the rain started to hammer down, within a few more minutes the sides of the street were like swollen rivers, It was blowing a Gail out and bolts of lightning struck down from the sky. So all in all a lucky escape, and too think, we were going down to the allotment to water the plants  :lol:

So, I didn't get to the plot today as you have just read, and i probably did just waste your time

PP.  :D

Dan78

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1179 on: April 22, 2011, 23:33 »
Boiling hot down south today.. Got to the allotment around 2 and spent half an hour or so attempting to dig out some more bindweed that has appeared  :mad:

soaked in sweat after that so watered most things and had a chat with another plot holder before heading home

At home we sowed lots more seeds (me fruit and veg and the other half sowing flowers), watered all the new grass and i even managed to dig out the stones on the bed by the garage.. took a few hours and now have 8 heavy sacks of stones to take to the tip!

Great day though and got a lot done. have now had a fry up and some beer and im sitting in the conservatory waiting for the meteors ;)

Kimberley04

• Experienced Member
  • Very new to all this gardening lark
« Reply #1180 on: April 23, 2011, 00:05 »
Tidied the path at thr front of the plot, weeded and watered everywhere, and sowed two half barrels of carrots.  Also, got thoroughly sunburnt in the process...

Paul Plots

« Reply #1181 on: April 23, 2011, 00:14 »
Built an Ark in readiness  :lol:

suziet88

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1182 on: April 23, 2011, 07:35 »
No lottie yesterday but going today to supervise my teenage sons do some digging for me.... hopefully (as long as I can drag them out of bed!)

totalnovice

• kates allotment adventure
« Reply #1183 on: April 23, 2011, 13:37 »
Well this morning i manned the shop! thoroughly enjoyed it too, i got to gossip with all the old boys, (even if they do hold a conversation with my chest...) I got to dish out some advice to some newbies (hehe!) and I got to sit in the shade - far too hot to do any hard work on the plot, and even the weeds are sulking so all is good!
Kate
Always thankful for advice!

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1184 on: April 23, 2011, 13:52 »
Well this morning i manned the shop! thoroughly enjoyed it too, i got to gossip with all the old boys, (even if they do hold a conversation with my chest...)

Are you quite a tall lady?  :unsure:  The reason I ask is that some OB's probably have stiff necks thanks to old age and years of gardening and can't look up as well as they used to (think I've already joined them; good excuse anyway!)  8)  :lol:

Going to get down on my hands and knees later and sow my chitted sugarsnap pea seeds one by one to replace the ones which failed, and then make a late decision whether to go with the barbie or not because there's a very oppressive feeling developing in the (now very hot) air............  :(
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
ate my first ever strawberry from my plot today!!

Started by starry on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post June 11, 2010, 09:00
by diggerjoe
xx
What I did on the plot today 2017

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

513 Replies
Last post December 27, 2017, 20:40
by Plot 1 Problems

Page created in 0.307 seconds with 38 queries.