Colour of hen's comb is changing!!!

• 17 Replies

Pretty Chick

Re: Colour of hen's comb is changing!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 08:16 »
My black rock definitely isn't broody.

I've been on holiday for a few days, got back yesterday and she still has a very pale comb  :unsure:.

Do you think she may be dehydrated because of the increase in temperature lately?
They have 3 galvanised drinkers and 2 washing up bowls full of water, so they do have plenty to drink.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:52 by Pretty Chick »
All lives are precious.

carolbriar

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 09:44 »
I don't think yours sounds as if she is dehydrated Pretty Chick.  Mine has definately been sitting in the nest box for a long time.  She started sleeping in the nest furthest away from the others at night as well!  Last night when I went to encourage the others to go in every time one went in the Broody growled at them.  This morning she didn't come out when my husband let the others out so later on I went and opened the nest box and encouraged her out which she did eventually.  She started scratching around and so I threw some pellets on the ground and she ate some, drank a little and then had a dust bath.  She is still out with the others which is good.  She also seems to be fluffing her feathers up and shaking them which I am not sure about.  I have a feeling she is broody from what the other members have said :(  I would rather that than her being ill.  It's the Buff Rock, Lucy,  which is the one that seems to be broody.  Now I have started the antibiotics I will keep her on them and finish the 5 day course.  I will also keep an eye on her and make sure she is eating and drinking!  Pretty Chick I am sorry I have taken over your post - I should have started another one. 
2 Springer Spaniels, 1 Speckled Sussex,  1 Cuckoo Maran, 1 Light Sussex, 1 Welsummer, 2 Barnvelders and 2 silver Pencil Wyandotes.

Pretty Chick

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 09:51 »
I have a feeling she is broody from what the other members have said :(

I agree, it sounds like Lucy is broody.

Pretty Chick I am sorry I have taken over your post - I should have started another one.  

No problem  ;)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:53 by Pretty Chick »

xx
why is my maran changing colour?

Started by purplebat on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post September 20, 2009, 16:32
by traacyken
xx
colour changing after moulting

Started by Selkie on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post December 04, 2007, 10:04
by Selkie
xx
Bluebell changing colour????

Started by cammi on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post May 15, 2011, 19:05
by Laydies
xx
Chickens changing colour

Started by outercircle on The Hen House

18 Replies
Last post October 11, 2011, 21:53
by outercircle

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 34 queries.