Antisocial behaviour?

• 6 Replies

Trebor

• Experienced Member
Antisocial behaviour?
« on: May 05, 2009, 14:48 »
Little fluffy clouds floating overhead and buzzing of the bees or blinking thick clouds of wet weed smoke and the buzzing of a strimmer – seems some prefer the latter down at the allotment site. Why is it necessary, I just don’t understand?

(My weeds rot down at the end of the plot and the path edges are roughly hand weeded in 10 minutes once a month – it’s a path not a lawn).

beansticks

Re: Antisocial behaviour?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 15:00 »
Having a bad day eh ;)

Trillium

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 15:03 »
Some folk can't let up at the lotty and remain neat freaks. Sad fact, but you can never tell them what they're really missing by some simple composting.

MoreWhisky

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 15:03 »
suspose it depends on what type of weed smoke  :tongue2:
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Trebor

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 15:19 »
Having a bad day eh ;)

Yes, I guess – sorry!

It’s not the whinge forum – on the bright side I had my first homesmokedgrown salad of the year – lettuce and yellow radish.  :)

wellingtons

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 15:41 »
I can truly sympathise.

We had a couple who had the plot behind and to the right of ours who seemed to spend no time on the plot at all from late summer until mid spring and then come in with every kind of petrol and power tool known to man and beast.  They were also extremely fond of spraying chemicals about.

So there I would be on a glorious sunny spring day and suddenly the strimmer would whirr into life and the large weed killer mounted on his back would start to pump.

Fortunately for me they before the beginning of last year and their replacement is quieter.

However, earlier this year the people behind took to coming to the plot en masse.  There would be two generations of adults and a fair sprinkling of children ... they would turn it into a day out.  Whilst I applaud the idea of getting the family involved, the party atmosphere was less appealing. 

Fortunately for me (again) this family activity seems to have gone the way of all things ... or at least it's not happening on a weekend anymore.

:D

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 17:00 »
I too must get to my lotty with the petrol strimmer as the weeds along the edges and uncultivated bits have beaten me but I do put the clippings into old compost or hen feed sacks to rot down before going on the compost heap.

I tried (unsucessfully ::) ) to herd a few chooks into an overgrown area but as there's more nettles than other weeds they didn't seem to be too happy... I think I need to start a post about chooks & geese living together as I've heard geese love nettles!

xx
Unusual Tomato Behaviour?

Started by gmbunn on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post May 18, 2010, 15:51
by DD.
xx
strange truss behaviour

Started by strangerachael on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 20, 2011, 09:55
by Ice
xx
Weird kitchen behaviour from potatoes/what do yours do?

Started by littlelisa on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post July 31, 2008, 18:30
by Clampit
xx
strange behaviour of french bean leaves !

Started by andtiggertoo on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 07, 2009, 23:41
by andtiggertoo

Page created in 0.348 seconds with 29 queries.