What I did on the plot today - 2014

• 1611 Replies

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
Re: What I did on the plot today - 2014
« Reply #1065 on: May 26, 2014, 12:49 »
So far, nada. Has been raining constantly since 5am.

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #1066 on: May 26, 2014, 15:47 »
So far, nada. Has been raining constantly since 5am.

Snap! Cheered myself up by making les take me to the garden centre. I left him moping around while I browsed :)

grendel

« Reply #1067 on: May 26, 2014, 17:37 »
conservatory is now at home in the garden, its not going up now as the rain has set in.
plus i am cream crackered.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

mjpalin

• MJ - also known as Michelle!
    • Starmaker - my other "hobby"
« Reply #1068 on: May 26, 2014, 17:49 »
Absolutely nothing, rain stopped play, and i've been like a bear with a sore head cooped up indoors all day!
Link to my first attempt at a diary: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113513.0

Comments & suggestions on my diary welcome here: http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=113518.0

Spend ytd: £293.44 (setting up plot 29 has been expensive) Harvest ytd: £163.93 (as at 8/8)

beesrus

« Reply #1069 on: May 26, 2014, 18:05 »
I hate to say it, but it has been THE most gorgeous of days here in Devon. Wall to wall sunshine since 6am. Even a cabbage white put in an appearance. I haven't seen many this year yet, probably 3. Very strange.
Pontificated a bit, and then created a space and planted out my Enorma runner beans along with a few Moonlight hybrids, I've never yet been one to go for the whole bean trench thing. A bit more rationalising of the greenhouse. Pondered on a strategy to deal with the ants that have taken up residence there. Didn't come up with anything more than hope they aren't too destructive.
The new plot neighbours arrived next door for a viewing. Felt very sorry for them as the grass is now 2 to 3 feet tall. Popped into the Riverford Organics cafe for a coffee and lentil pasty, then headed for the beach. Super. Now chilled out in the garden watching the cat in her element.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 18:10 by beesrus »

Handy Andi

• Fowlers Family Allotment
« Reply #1070 on: May 26, 2014, 18:41 »
Done yet MORE weeding, plus planted out a few dozen spring onions. Planted a couple more tom plants in the greenhouse borders (San Marzano and Red Pear) and tidied up seed trays, pots etc in the greenhouse

Annen

• Anne's Gardening Diary
« Reply #1071 on: May 26, 2014, 18:49 »
Took the runners bean plants to the plot, and into the cold frame. 
Managed to find places to put the onions grown from seed at last, they have been desperate to leave their modules for the last month.
Finished construction of the bean frame, ready for the runners.
Weeded, took out some huge buttercups.
Put shredded paper around the strawberry plants, there is quite a bit of fruit on, but still green and small. 
Anne

pompeyboy61

« Reply #1072 on: May 26, 2014, 18:51 »
Raining in the morning, raining in the afternoon, and still raining. However tomorrow looks good so will put in a good shift with rest of runner beans going in, net the strawberries and get beds ready for curly kale.

AnneB

« Reply #1073 on: May 26, 2014, 19:07 »
Beautiful day today, which made up for the torrential rain endured for the rest of the bank holiday.   

On our plot, hand weeded the carrots and parsnips and sowed a handful more to fill the gaps.  Took forever.  Also weeded a couple of other beds and sowed a few more peas, again to fill gaps.
OH continued to dig out the side of our plot that we reclaimed after previous tenant left the plot next door.  They had nicked about 8 foot and an apple tree prior to our arrival.

Planted out some red cabbage and celery on daughter's plot.   Sowed some nasturtiums and marigolds in a container outside her shed.  Also sowed some dill. 

Steveharford

« Reply #1074 on: May 26, 2014, 19:12 »
Laid weed suppressant. Cut crosses and planted marrows and courgettes. Found that a) I hadn't got any yellow courgettes, although I distinctly remember them germinating. And b) I thought that membrane was supposed to let the rain through? Looks tidy though.

Robster

« Reply #1075 on: May 26, 2014, 23:23 »
Good weekend the weather not so bad here.  We have pheasants up the allotments and I think they've been pecking out all my root crops.  Resowed salsify and beetroot and covered with fleece.  Put up canes at the end of my 1 year asparagus rows to support the plants on string between.  Harvested broad beans and onions.  Weeded everything.  Weeds really taken off

gypsy

« Reply #1076 on: May 27, 2014, 12:41 »
Tidied up the herb corner, already growing curly parsley, thyme, rosemary, chives, mint, I have added coriander and dill, never grown either of them before, taragon is in the poly it is still quite small, not sure if it should stay inside or will be ok outside, does anyone know please.
Catherine

Chaz1985

• Experienced Member
« Reply #1077 on: May 27, 2014, 14:29 »
Went down early this morning, couldn't sleep a wink last night so not in a pleasant mood. Tackled the weedy strawberry beds and then decided to cheer myself up with a wander round the local garden centre. Came away with 6 reduced grafted tomatoe plants now off to try and get a couple of hours sleeps I'm on a 12hr shift tonight.

Paul Plots

« Reply #1078 on: May 27, 2014, 18:24 »
Not a sausage...

I'm wondering whether to make one last trip to the plot to bring home an asparagus plant (great for foliage to go with sweet peas).
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

chillimummy

« Reply #1079 on: May 27, 2014, 18:53 »
Planted sprout plants and covered with debris netting.
Weeded between onions and planted some broad beans. Later than most people but wasnt going to bother!
More weeding and whole plot looking better.
Came away when looked like heavy shower due  :)
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
What I did on the plot today 2017

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

513 Replies
Last post December 27, 2017, 20:40
by Plot 1 Problems
xx
I have been to see my new plot for the first time today

Started by debih on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post August 18, 2008, 20:57
by Nogger

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 30 queries.