Top Soil

• 2 Replies

Knight Family

Top Soil
« on: October 11, 2008, 20:33 »
Ok nice quick and hope easy question.....

I'm going to be getting some top soil for my raised beds, so is there anyway to make sure i get good quality top soil? E.g. what should i look for since no dout it will be done over the phone and then dropped at the front door.

(Beds filled 50% with good rotted down horse muck now just need the 50% top soil).
Graham = 2x Border collie Dogs, 2x Cats, 1x Wife, 2x Kids, 2x Hamsters and now 10x chickens.

vegmandan

Top Soil
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 23:50 »
I can't see there being any way you can guarantee getting decent stuff over the phone at all. :cry:

If you get some from an advert in the local paper or similar then you'll be trusting the seller ,who could be selling you absolutely anything.

I would go to a trusted reputable seller of soil who can guarantee it's quality.

It may cost you more but I would never ever buy any soil from somewhere I couldn't either visit or know where it's come from.

There are loads of dodgy folk and devellopers,selling so called top soil from contaminated brown field sites, which you shouldn't touch with a barge pole, but they can seem genuine.

All I can say is to really check out what you buy  and make sure it's from a safe supplier.

Knight Family

Top Soil
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 02:44 »
Vegman, Thanks I tried to do a price check from the web and it scared me! Topsoil seems so expensive

xx
Low PH Soil

Started by Manteiga on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post August 01, 2012, 16:20
by savbo
xx
soil ph

Started by owein on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post April 26, 2008, 22:53
by vegmandan
xx
SOIL - HELP PLEASE

Started by Shandy on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 11, 2008, 16:56
by woodburner
xx
soil for Tom's

Started by Lenny59 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post September 09, 2009, 18:40
by pushrod

Page created in 0.362 seconds with 35 queries.