Panicing now..my coop hasnt turned up

• 13 Replies

Carla

• Experienced Member
Panicing now..my coop hasnt turned up
« on: August 16, 2010, 11:06 »
I've had a coop on order for my girlies for 2 weeks now, lovely size for them, big run and more than enough roosting room.  It was supposed to be here tomorrow, but so far I havent heard anything...blooming ebay.
So now I'm in full blown panic mode, the girls arrive on Sunday, and I've only got £180 put aside for the coop, does anyone know of a good, well made coop I could get delivered on such short notice for the cash available? My boyf says we can alwys put them in the shed for a while, but they're going to be struggling enough, being ex-batts, without the added stress of a temporary home. Hope someone can help xx
Many pets, a bloke and 2 kids....help!!!

tesni

• Experienced Member
Re: Panicing now..my coop hasnt turned up
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 11:13 »
if the shed is calm and quiet and set up nicely for them it may be good for them - not having to jump down from a roost will be best until they build up a bit of strength and muscle tone.  injuries can happen with ex-bats if they try to jump around too soon.

alancane

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 11:46 »
Hi Carla,

There is still a chance it may turn up tomorrow, so don't rush into buying another yet! You might end up with two coops to fill. I presume you have tried to make contact etc? Have they come back to you at all? Have they a telephone number? Where are the based, does it say?

I would agree with Tesni and worse case scenario is that they can go into the shed, which I am sure they will think is a palace in comparison to what they had before.

Where abouts are you? Maybe people may know local suppliers that can help. But as I say, wait and see what happens tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 11:48 by alancane »
Alan

Carla

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 11:57 »
I've emailed and phoned, no joy. It was pay on delivery so I'm really not getting my hopes up, thought it was a long shot to be honest, but I've had my fingers crossed for the last 2 weeks, they assured me they would deliver, as they're up this way (West Bromwich....nr Birmingham) tomorrow to deliver anthother.
I will leave it until tomorrow, but they contact via email 48-24 hrs before delivery to confirm an approximate time, so if I havent recieved anything by bed time tonight, I'm going to sulk all night.
I so wanted my girls to feel the sun (or rain!) on their feathers and breathe some fresh air, I feel like I'm doing them a major injustice locking them up in a shed. I couldnt even let them out for a wander because my 9month old lab needs time to get used to seeing them.
I'll have a scout around for another coop, and hope an emergency last minute purchase gets here on time. If you know of anywhere Alan, it'd be most appreciative. Can go to £250 at a major push after pay day on Thursday.
Thanks xxx

ehs284

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 12:10 »
Shed is best

alancane

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 12:10 »
Well, it sounds like the company know how to lose business in a recession! One unhappy customer me thinks!
I will have a look around for you on the net. Unfortunately I am in East Sussex otherwise I could get you a decent one within the hour. I hope there maybe someone on this forum who lives close to that area that would have a contact or two to help?

Have you checked the suppliers that are on this website? Maybe even if you contact them and they can't help, they might know someone that can? Always worth a try.

http://www.poultry.allotment-garden.org/poultry-suppliers/hen-for-sale-West+Midlands.php

If I find anything, I will post it here. Let me know how you get on Carla.

alancane

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 12:13 »
This guy has a couple of nice coops:

http://www.ollieschirpychickens.co.uk/chicken-accessories-books.htm

Scroll right down and he has a telephone number.

Carla

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 12:33 »
PANIC OVER!!!!!!!
The bloke with the coop has just phoned me after I left a rather curt voice mail and the coop will be here between 10 and 2 tomorrow  ::)
Thank goodness for that, gives me the rest of the week to get it assembled and everything in place for my lovely ladies to have some happiness at last. Phew. Providing it actually turns up of course..........
Thanks for all you help folks, especially you Alan :)

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 12:38 »
Glad you got it sorted,   also agree with tensi, becareful with the roosting bars in that there not too high for your girlies, there legs will be very weak so jumping up and down from a roosting bar might cause damage,  keep it low to the ground.   nickyx
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 12:40 by nicky d »
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

alancane

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 12:47 »
That's a big PHEW Carla - post pictures when it's up and glad to be of some help. I bet you are so excited now!?

Mine are all asleep at the moment and one took herself up to bed in the coop. They have just turned their nose (or should I say beak) up at some strawberries, my ladies are going to be high maintenance I think!

animartco

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 13:29 »
I've had a coop on order for my girlies for 2 weeks now, lovely size for them, big run and more than enough roosting room.  It was supposed to be here tomorrow, but so far I havent heard anything...blooming ebay.
So now I'm in full blown panic mode, the girls arrive on Sunday, and I've only got £180 put aside for the coop, does anyone know of a good, well made coop I could get delivered on such short notice for the cash available? My boyf says we can alwys put them in the shed for a while, but they're going to be struggling enough, being ex-batts, without the added stress of a temporary home. Hope someone can help xx
Get a garden shed and some chicken wire!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 13:55 »
Animartco please note that chicken wire is not fox proof - your run should be galvanised welded wire mesh which is either dug into the ground or has a skirt on it to prevent burrowing.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Carla

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 18:35 »
Really appreciate all your help and advice. I've read that they will need time to build up strength, so I'll take the roosting perches out for a while, see how they get on.
THis is the picture of the coop off ebay. I will be extending the run to (hopefully) 3 times the length and will be moving it around my gigantic garden so they'll always have someting new to scratch at.
384719058_tp.jpg

alancane

• Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 19:08 »
That is wonderful Carla - your ladies are sure gonna be at home in there!
I bet you are getting very excited?

xx
she hasnt laid today

Started by nzdunn on The Hen House

16 Replies
Last post September 17, 2009, 14:03
by joyfull
xx
help!! my chicken hasnt layed in 5 months

Started by dannyboy2010 on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post May 17, 2011, 11:30
by Debz
xx
have i turned them to much

Started by traacyken on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 20, 2010, 23:17
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Well that turned out better than expected!

Started by Casey76 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post May 06, 2016, 19:17
by grinling

Page created in 0.246 seconds with 35 queries.